The Student Room Group

Idea as to which textbook is better? URGENT

Go for Collins!! But the further maths for CAIE is new this year so, I can’t tell.
But Collins is really good imo.
Reply 2
Original post by Ligretto Cowboy
Go for Collins!! But the further maths for CAIE is new this year so, I can’t tell.
But Collins is really good imo.

Thanks I bought the Collins ones. They've released a whole series for the 2020 syllabus. Hey a bit off topic but do you think the past papers can be done for preparation for 2020?
I did CIE for 3 out of 4 subjects and and FM is Edexcel, but I self-learned CIE during summer not knowing that the school’s gonna do Edexcel.
For Edexcel, I did completely new specification, no past papers but only a few practice papers, which were quite useless imo.
For CIE, I think they’re gonna make 2 papers into 4 papers. My advice is that you look through a few question papers, checking whether there’s topics you haven’t learned and do the ones you have. I think the question style of CIE shouldn’t change as the exam board itself is known to be a difficult one. So, I don’t think you have a lot of options but the textbook questions and past papers (despite not being in the same format) should be adequate.

Quick Reply

Latest