The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool vs ULaw for LLB

Hello everyone,I've applied to several universities in order to do the 3-year LLB Law course. My choice now is up to the University of Liverpool or the University of Law - Chester campus. I like them both and I'm not quite sure which one to firm, because both have very different qualities. I know for sure I am much more interested in practicing law and working as a solicitor, rather than diving deep in research. Still, one of them is a Russel group uni and the other one is not. Does that even hold any kind of significance?Would anyone be able to give me some insight?Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by username1664
Hello everyone,I've applied to several universities in order to do the 3-year LLB Law course. My choice now is up to the University of Liverpool or the University of Law - Chester campus. I like them both and I'm not quite sure which one to firm, because both have very different qualities. I know for sure I am much more interested in practicing law and working as a solicitor, rather than diving deep in research. Still, one of them is a Russel group uni and the other one is not. Does that even hold any kind of significance?Would anyone be able to give me some insight?Thank you.

There is no real significance to Russell Group membership for undergraduate law students. That being said, Liverpool would still be my personal choice.
As well as being part of the Russell Group, Liverpool uni will have a better range of facilities and accomodation options, as well as allowing you to mix with a wider range of students. I haven't visited the University of Law in Chester but I imagine it's a lot smaller since they only do courses in Law and Business and don't own their own accomodation. Also, it's not in the centre of Chester, whereas Liverpool uni campus is in the city.

I would definitely pick Liverpool unless your preference is for a small campus a 40 minute walk from a small city which only really caters for Law and Business students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending