The Student Room Group

can i get a 2:1 in my final year? HELPP Pleasee :(

Finished second year with 53.9%.
The weighing is 35%/65%.
I was wondering what will I need next year to get a 2:1?
Dissertation- 45 credits, 100%
5 modules- 15 credits each, 50% coursework and 50% exams
0.35(53.9) + 0.65(y) = 60
18.865 + 0.65(y) = 60
0.65y = 41.135

y = 63.3%
(edited 4 years ago)
Currently in total you have 18.865% of the final grade. So you'd need to get 41.135% next year. If my calculations are correct you need an avarage of 63.3% (rounded up) from this year to get a 2:1 final grade
Original post by Palmyra
0.35(53.9) + 0.65(y) = 60
18.865 + 0.65(y) = 60
0.65y = 41.135

y = 62.3%

Check again, it's meant to be 63.3%
Original post by MWills99
Check again, it's meant to be 63.3%

You're right, I think I mistyped a 2 instead of a 3. My bad.
Reply 5
Is this going to be easy to achieve? Considering its final year, Im studying Psychology too. How much work would i need to put to achieve this grade?
Original post by Palmyra
You're right, I think I mistyped a 2 instead of a 3. My bad.
I wouldn’t as how much work, but instead have the mentality that if you’re going to achieve it, you’ll need to put all your work into it. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Is this going to be easy to achieve? Considering its final year, Im studying Psychology too. How much work would i need to put to achieve this grade?

I can't quantify how much word you need to put in. You know how hard and how smart you worked and how hard your course is.

Also, usually unis have grading conventions whereby even if you get <60% as long as you get for example a majority of modules at a 2.1 grade you can still get a 2.1.

Meet with your tutor and recall scripts of your second year exams to see where you went wrong.
Mathematically yes you can, but....

Can you?

Why have you performed so poorly.

What are you changing.
Reply 9
I performed poorly because I left everything last minute or 2 days before the exam plus I was having too much fun with travelling. I am gutted but it's my fault however if I put effort in and did my work from the start date so I have a good amount of time to do it, will it work..?
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Mathematically yes you can, but....

Can you?

Why have you performed so poorly.

What are you changing.
I performed poorly because I left everything last minute or 2 days before the exam plus I was having too much fun with travelling. I am gutted but it's my fault however if I put effort in and did my work from the start date so I have a good amount of time to do it, will it work..?

Your results should improve with more preparation,etc. Whether or not you get a 2:1 is down to your ability and how hard you work
Ok well that's fixable,

I like to think of uni as a job. For third year you should adopt this easy to apply principal.

Think to yourself if i was getting paid to do this assignment/exam, how much effort would i put into it.

Because remember, your going to get a job dictated by your degree result to a certain extent. If you don't achieve a 2:1 your chances at master's, employment greatly decrease.

Finally.. Travel in the Summer. The school year is there to succeed at uniwork.

Plan out your assignments and always be honest with yourself. Your marks should be easily fixable.
(edited 4 years ago)
The problem with me is stress. I havent even started third year yet and I' m just looking at my modules thinking to myself "I'm not going to achieve this or this grade"

I am dedicated to work harder this year and drilled it in my head.

The reason why I travelled alot during second year is because my parents are strict and they wouldnt have let me go to these places during summer because they drag us to our home country- which they have done for the past 12 years, if not, more.

University has been more of an eyeopening experience because I'm studying Psychology too and I dont want to pursue anything in that- simply picked the degree to make them happy (i know its stupid because now im miserable).

University and my course has taught me about life and what I really want to do is something business related and I was thinking real estate. I've done alot of research into it and i love it and I know this is something I will work hard for.

However, I still want that 2:1 regardless of all these situations.
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Ok well that's fixable,

I like to think of uni as a job. For third year you should adopt this easy to apply principal.

Think to yourself if i was getting paid to do this assignment/exam, how much effort would i put into it.

Because remember, your going to get a job dictated by your degree result to a certain extent. If you don't achieve a 2:1 your chances at master's, employment greatly decrease.

Finally.. Travel in the Summer. The school year is there to succeed at uniwork.

Plan out your assignments and always be honest with yourself. Your marks should be easily fixable.
Finished second year with 53.9%.
The weighing is 35%/65%.
I was wondering what will I need next year to get a 2:1?
Dissertation- 45 credits, 100%
5 modules- 15 credits each, 50% coursework and 50% exams

average 64 and youll have a 2.1 overall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending