The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Still no news anyone? I know of quite a few people who have already received rejections from UWS just wondering when they will send invites out as I’d rather just know one way or another :smile: x
Hi, I've also applied to UWS and Napier, not heard anything yet either apart from an acknowledgement email! I dont think I've ever checked me emails so much in my life!! Its stressing me out 🙈
Original post by Megan98x
Still no news anyone? I know of quite a few people who have already received rejections from UWS just wondering when they will send invites out as I’d rather just know one way or another :smile: x

Nothing at all! Oh really?? I saw one person on here say theyd a rejection from UWS but that's all. Really hoping it's good news and they're waiting to do all the invites at the same time xxx
I’m applying in 2021 but I’m interested in seeing the process so hope everyone doesn’t mind me joining in!
Original post by cee.cee
Nothing at all! Oh really?? I saw one person on here say theyd a rejection from UWS but that's all. Really hoping it's good news and they're waiting to do all the invites at the same time xxx

Spoiler

yes its the whole not knowing thats driving me crazy - like i'd love to know either way. as much as i'd love an interview i need to be put our my misery 😂 xxx
Original post by littleteacup
yes its the whole not knowing thats driving me crazy - like i'd love to know either way. as much as i'd love an interview i need to be put our my misery 😂 xxx

I know it’s driving me mad as well! But I’m assuming the people that’s not heard must be in the maybe pile as they’ve handed out rejections! I think it gets worse after the interview, people were waiting around 2 months to hear back after their interview xx
omg u are joking 😪😪😪😪 im sure at the open day they said youd hear quickly i couldnt imagine waiting that long !!! id be a nervous wreck xxx
Original post by littleteacup
omg u are joking 😪😪😪😪 im sure at the open day they said youd hear quickly i couldnt imagine waiting that long !!! id be a nervous wreck xxx

It’s so bad! Yeah I think they just say that. I think the way it works if your really good on the day you will hear back quick but they had a lot of people hanging around last year waiting ages xx
Oh man I thought they said you would hear back like the following week if you’re successful or not lol 🙈 Although the wait after interview would still be tough, at least you know by then you’ve done all you can do! Right now I’m stressing because I don’t know if I’ve got an interview or not plus I’ve got the added worry of feeling like I’m running out of time to prepare of I do get one 😭 x
Hey, has anyone heard back from UWS?... The wait is a killer lol... good luck to everyone! X
Original post by JJML2020
Hey, has anyone heard back from UWS?... The wait is a killer lol... good luck to everyone! X

Nope haven’t heard lol. When did you apply? Good luck to you too! X
Original post by Terri1990
Nope haven’t heard lol. When did you apply? Good luck to you too! X

I sent my application off at the start of December although feels like a life time ago!.. I have been looking over a few things just incase I get an interview but it's hard as you don't want to get your hopes up too much 😂... when did you apply? X
Reply 193
Following because I’m also in the waiting boat! Going to end up checking this all the time as well as my emails now 😅 good luck everyone!
What work experience has everyone done? I’m currently trying to get some for applying next year - any tips would be appreciated!
Original post by Mollyanne2003
What work experience has everyone done? I’m currently trying to get some for applying next year - any tips would be appreciated!

I work with emergency services taking 999 calls, so spun the ability to cope with emergencies, people from all kinds of backgrounds without bias, and not becoming personally affected by other people's trauma when you are involved. But nothing clinical!!
I did go to a "focus group" at UWS for people had been through maternity services recently (my little girls 6 months old, and we were under the Best Start initiative), and I spoke to them about my lack of specific experience. They said that it's really hard to get anything specific, and as long as you can relate what you do have towards midwifery, it not a bad thing!
Original post by JJML2020
I sent my application off at the start of December although feels like a life time ago!.. I have been looking over a few things just incase I get an interview but it's hard as you don't want to get your hopes up too much 😂... when did you apply? X

I applied in Oct. The wait has been so long lol! And I’m the exact same 🤦🏻*♀️

I don’t have any healthcare experience Mollyanne! I am a breastfeeding peer supporter but that’s it. I have tried to focus on the transferable skills I have gained from this and my job etc as I think they know it is really difficult to get specific experience x
Reply 197
Original post by Mollyanne2003

I haven’t done any yet but I’m due to start as a ward volunteer at the RAH soon. I looked on volunteer Scotland and they had quite a few hospital volunteers opportunities 😊
Original post by Sjk93
I haven’t done any yet but I’m due to start as a ward volunteer at the RAH soon. I looked on volunteer Scotland and they had quite a few hospital volunteers opportunities 😊

Oh sounds great 😊 what sort of things will you be doing there? I was supposed to volunteer as a maternity meet and greet at wishaw but after securing it and them doing my disclosure, I couldn’t get back in touch with them to set a start date 😕 tried calling and emailing so many times and no one ever got back to me 🤷🏻*♀️ X
Hi all,

I'm new to the party! I'm based in the south of Scotland so have applied to Cumbria and UWS. I'm actually a late applicant as it wasn't my original plan to apply this year. I contacted Cumbria who said they are still accepting applications and I've not heard back from UWS yet but thought I'd send an application anyway. I'm not overly hopeful re UWS as I know it's oversubscribed even without late applicants but thought I'd give it a go anyway!

Good luck all :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending