The Student Room Group

Uws Bsc Mental Health nursing

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone else is applying for this course 2024/2025.
I'm in a situation and just looking for some advice really and others experiences.
I have been a housewife for the past 9 years, have lost a lot of confidence over the years etc and am really trying to get some independence for myself in starting a career where I think I would do a good job. I previously trained 10 years ago to become a secondary teacher but don't want to return to that at all.

I have no experience in nursing so would be starting from scratch, how likely are UWS going to accept a 33yr old with no experience onto the course? Does anyone have any advice or tips?
X
Reply 1
Original post by Starting_over
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone else is applying for this course 2024/2025.
I'm in a situation and just looking for some advice really and others experiences.
I have been a housewife for the past 9 years, have lost a lot of confidence over the years etc and am really trying to get some independence for myself in starting a career where I think I would do a good job. I previously trained 10 years ago to become a secondary teacher but don't want to return to that at all.

I have no experience in nursing so would be starting from scratch, how likely are UWS going to accept a 33yr old with no experience onto the course? Does anyone have any advice or tips?
X

Don't panic about no experience okay.

There's thousands of others like yourself who also had no experience for any of the nursing field's but still got accepted for the course.

Your experience from teaching is useful.

If you have any issues then perhaps get a part-time job working as a HCA or auxiliary nurse in the local hospital until you are accepted for university.

I was 26 when I did my midwifery degree course and qualified when I was 29 and I have been qualified for just over 4 years now.
Age doesn't matter ok as long as you are competent enough to do the job.
Your personal statement needs to be excellent enough to get a potential interview and then offer a place at university.

NHS Scotland registered midwife

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending