The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

York or loughborough

Which one would you prefer to study at if you had the choice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Which one would you prefer to study at if you had the choice?

I wouldn't have a clue, but it really depends on the courses that they offer. If one offered a better course for a particular area, I'd most likely go for that one (but I would also take into account the student life outside of lectures: what surrounds the University; clubs that are on, etc).
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Strelzo
I wouldn't have a clue, but it really depends on the courses that they offer. If one offered a better course for a particular area, I'd most likely go for that one (but I would also take into account the student life outside of lectures: what surrounds the University; clubs that are on, etc).

the courses are both equal in my eyes tbh
Depends on the course. But I would say if you’re a particularly sporty person Loughborough is probably better, but York city is beautiful and I imagine has more to offer in terms of nightlife?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
the courses are both equal in my eyes tbh

So like I said, I would compare student life. Check the area around the universities; seek out different clubs and activities that they each have to offer (it is important to stay refreshed) and also the accommodation if you decide to move closer to them, Compare prices, room-value, etc.
Hi

I can't speak for York but here are 3 reasons why I have enjoyed my experience at Loughborough University so far!

1) Loughborough attracts a diverse range of people! - Some universities only attract people with specific skill sets or traits. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I love the fact that being at Loughborough doesn't limit me to only being around one type of person. Being around people from completely different walks of life has allowed me to learn from others, grow as an individual and has ultimately led to me being able to connect with people that I wouldn't have been able to before.

2) Loughborough is a hub of excellence! - The world class sporting facilities at Loughborough attracts many National Governing Bodies that will bring their athletes to Lougborough to train for World Championships, Commonwealth and Olympic Games. These athletes are all highly driven individuals that pursue excellence in all that they do, and I believe that being in an environment where mediocrity is not the norm has pushed me to give my best in all that I do and raise the bar higher for myself.

3) Loughborough has always championed me! - I am currently a student athlete at the School of Business and Economics and the support that the staff give towards your studies and job applications proves why Loughborough leads the world rankings in employability and is number one in the UK for student experience. Whilst applying for my placement year I had a placement officer that would encourage (and chase me down!) to ensure that I was applying for the best jobs for me, as well as providing step by step help with my applications so that they where the best that they could be.

Choosing Loughborough University has definitely set me up with the best opportunities going forward and has added the most value to what it is I'm trying to pursue!

Hope this all helps!
Tendo :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending