The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Should I get zone 1-2 or 1-4 oyster card

I'm going to king's college so everything is in zone 1-2 and I'm aware its £980 annually for student but zone 1-4 is £1,200 approx.
However, my accommodation is 40 weeks contracted (but I may plan to stay in London during holidays - not sure)

Is it worth paying the extra for zone 1-4? (I'm using a rail card on the price also)
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going to king's college so everything is in zone 1-2 and I'm aware its £980 annually for student but zone 1-4 is £1,200 approx.
However, my accommodation is 40 weeks contracted (but I may plan to stay in London during holidays - not sure)

Is it worth paying the extra for zone 1-4? (I'm using a rail card on the price also)

If your accomm is in Zone 2 then not sure I would bother. You can always pay the excess when travelling out of zone.
Look at whats beyond zone 2. Its mostly suburbs, but I can think of places like Kew, Richmond you might want to visit. You can pay the excess on those days. I can only think of it being an issue if you get friend or relatives or some reason to visit 3 or 4 on a regular basis.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest