The Student Room Group

I failed my Gcse maths exam because of one mark

I did my GCSE Edexel Maths higher exam and I got 37/38 which I could get grade 3.I am thinking to remark it but I'm not sure . Some people told me to do it again and some told me not to .What's your opinion?
Im in the same boat as you i failed by 3 marks
I'd suggest a remark but it's up to you. Remember if you want to pay for it Edexcel charge you £46.50 per paper which is a total of £139.50
Reply 3
Original post by Roses21g
I did my GCSE Edexel Maths higher exam and I got 37/38 which I could get grade 3.I am thinking to remark it but I'm not sure . Some people told me to do it again and some told me not to .What's your opinion?

Get it remarked ASAP, GCSE Maths you HAVE to pass it in order to move forward with life and I am not being sarcastic. The money is most definitively worth it, if it does not change you HAVE to resit it
For Edexcel I would recommend getting your paper back (I believe you can get priority script returns for maths and English but either way it's super quick for your exams officer to download) and ask a teacher with Access to the mark scheme to go through it and see which paper (if any) is worth sending back. Saves money over trying to guess which paper might go up and avoiding one from going down :smile:
I’m in sixth form at the moment going in year 13 in a week and I have got my gcse maths results back and I got 118 when the pass is 119 so I’ve sent it off to be remark is there a high chance of me getting a extra mark somewhere because i believe that it is a waste of time just to wait for the exams In November when I need time for my alevels and it’s very frustrating for me.
Original post by Nikkiwallbank05
I’m in sixth form at the moment going in year 13 in a week and I have got my gcse maths results back and I got 118 when the pass is 119 so I’ve sent it off to be remark is there a high chance of me getting a extra mark somewhere because i believe that it is a waste of time just to wait for the exams In November when I need time for my alevels and it’s very frustrating for me.

There is a chance, 1 mark is not a lot to find, but it is not a high chance. The majority of remark requests are unsuccessful and the grade doesn't change. Between 10 and 20% of reviews are successful.

P.S. it is better to start a new discussion or join a current one than restart one that is 3 years old.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest