The Student Room Group

Tag your favourite person on TSR

Scroll to see replies

So, @the beaɾ and @harrysbar your cunning ploy has worked and I am back again...

Yes, I am away for a month, but not by choice. If only it was en vacancies bear but I’m in a bit of a personal crisis at the moment. ( not the boys).

It’s only been two days and the effect has been very interesting...

My troll has evidently been missing me and has called me back to the hate thread he has created three times, but of course I’m not biting. Now the thread has died a death, thank goodness.

However there have been sad times. There have been times when an Oxford candidate has been asking for help and @Scotney has been very kindly referring them to my book. A couple of parents have joined my Oxford parents association and I have not been there to welcome them, or give them a virtual tea and cookies. One joined tsr specifically because of the parents thread.

Then there was the time yesterday when I was reading a certain newspaper ( if I told you which one you would laugh at me) and there was an article by that Tatiana woman whose avatar the bear used to use. She was giving opinions about tv adverts and she sounded so much like the bear it was astounding. Think I will buy her book “woke” just to feel that I’m still on tsr, listening to you!

Then there was a thread about someone who wanted to only marry a doctor or an engineer. Well I almost married an engineer and was married to a doctor, and I would have said avoid both like the plague!

Last but not least there was my Oxford demystified thread. I forgot to put the last chapter on the Oxford and Cambridge applicants thread, so it’s got hardly any views.

It was so poignant hearing all the kind comments from the Oxford, especially @Klotild and kind words from people like @gjd800.

One of my faves, @TheMadNerd93 said she would read my chapter later , I won’t be able to comment with her and will miss her philosophy thread.

Then last but not least @syrup! made his usual lovely comment about the latest chapter of my book.

Result: Niagra falls.

Then there is also the gems problem, of which I am teeth gnashingly aware. I have 11900 rep points and am so close to those 10 gems! But I know that now harrys, with her accursed lovely manner and her helpfulness will beat me up success mountain to the tenth stage, where I hear there are nicely padded sun loungers with handsome men fanning us with palm leaves to keep the heat off us, and feeding us ice cool cocktails.

Grrrrrr...
(edited 4 years ago)

Thanks man. Ur pretty cool urself
Original post by Oxford Mum
So, @the beaɾ and @harrysbar your cunning ploy has worked and I am back again...

However there have been sad times. There have been times when an Oxford candidate has been asking for help and @Scotney has been very kindly referring them to my book. A couple of parents have joined my Oxford parents association and I have not been there to welcome them, or give them a virtual tea and cookies. One joined tsr specifically because of the parents thread.

Last but not least there was my Oxford demystified thread. I forgot to put the last chapter on the Oxford and Cambridge applicants thread, so it’s got hardly any views.

Then there is also the gems problem, of which I am teeth gnashingly aware. I have 11900 rep points and am so close to those 10 gems! But I know that now harrys, with her accursed lovely manner and her helpfulness will beat me up success mountain to the tenth stage, where I hear there are nicely padded sun loungers with handsome men fanning us with palm leaves to keep the heat off us, and feeding us ice cool cocktails.

Grrrrrr...

OM, can't you just go on TSR once a day just so you can do stuff like respond to your Oxford parents association and Oxford demystified threads? Or do you need to go cold turkey :frown:

As for the gem situation, we are ridiculously close in our current number of gems! I don't know about the lovely manner, I get my fair share of insults on here. So much so that I've decided not to post so much myself because I was starting to take it all too seriously and we don't want that :h:
Reply 64
Original post by harrysbar
OM, can't you just go on TSR once a day just so you can do stuff like respond to your Oxford parents association and Oxford demystified threads? Or do you need to go cold turkey :frown:

@Oxford Mum I agree ur rlly inspirational and kind we need you ahah

Spoiler

Original post by syrup!

Spoiler

Sounds reasonable
Original post by Dunya
Summer become a mod and tell me who it is, these anons are driving me crazy :argh:

we need to start a petition then :u:
Original post by SlightlySummer
we need to start a petition then :u:

Or you could do one of the mods a special favour and get me the answer😁
Original post by Dunya
Or you could do one of the mods a special favour and get me the answer😁

what favour could a political ambassador do for a mod? :biggrin:
Yes, I am away for a month, but not by choice. If only it was en vacancies bear but I’m in a bit of a personal crisis at the moment. ( not the boys).

One of my faves, @TheMadNerd93 said she would read my chapter later , I won’t be able to comment with her and will miss her philosophy thread.

Good Lord I've just paid attention to that! You definitely are going to be missed. I will look forward for your return and I sincerely hope the circumstances behind your absence aren't too critical. Take care of yourself and be fine - that's all that matters.
@TheMadNerd93

@harrysbarand @the bear have called me back, so maybe I will just comment on essential matters.

Don’t know if you have seen a film called the sound of music?

I feel like the nun Maria who runs off back to the convent, but the children, who miss her, go and fetch her back.

The only difference is there is no captain von trapp waiting for me at the other end!
Original post by SlightlySummer
what favour could a political ambassador do for a mod? :biggrin:

:hubba:
@TheMadNerd93

@harrysbarand @the bear have called me back, so maybe I will just comment on essential matters.

Don’t know if you have seen a film called the sound of music?

I feel like the nun Maria who runs off back to the convent, but the children, who miss her, go and fetch her back.

The only difference is there is no captain von trapp waiting for me at the other end!

I don't know that film unfortunately but I've got your point. Yes indeed, it is still better to check on here from time to time instead of a total absence.

I am also to go away when I am back to uni, but thinking of checking on here as well whenever possible; I surely would not tolerate totally disappearing from here without getting in touch with you and my other favourite members from time to time!
Prsom Rawan
Original post by syrup!

Spoiler

Hi @syrup! this is very kind of you, but we have a saying here (or rather the mods do) - Don't feed the troll! :naughty:

These people should not be approached, as they may turn on you and report your post themselves. :afraid: Even though I have severely curtailed my online activities (trying to stop for a month, but failing), I have had to report 2 trolls today alone! And I have only visited 3 threads!

If you see anyone being bullied (even if it's someone else, and not you), rather than engage in an argument, press the report button.:cyber: It's very difficult not to respond to them though (one of them today was being disparaging about Oxford parents, for example).

Another way of protecting yourself is to put an offensive troll on your ignore list. That way you can't see what they are saying, and they can't hurt you. :bootyshake: I have done this with two users so far.

Some threads seem as if they have been created to shock and draw a reaction. :mob:I have just left one particularly nasty thread just to see what the result would be. It came swiftly: I have been quoted and called back twice, in fact there were about five comments (including by anons) that I could have taken offense to. Sometimes it's great to leave a negative thread, :getmecoat:and look on the ensuing circus without the hassle of joining in. From now on, if a thread has an offensive, anti Oxbridge title I will not longer be joining the discussion.

I would much rather be helping genuine Oxbridge prospective students, such as your good self.
Reply 75
Hi @syrup! this is very kind of you, but we have a saying here (or rather the mods do) - Don't feed the troll! :naughty:

These people should not be approached, as they may turn on you and report your post themselves. :afraid: Even though I have severely curtailed my online activities (trying to stop for a month, but failing), I have had to report 2 trolls today alone! And I have only visited 3 threads!

If you see anyone being bullied (even if it's someone else, and not you), rather than engage in an argument, press the report button.:cyber: It's very difficult not to respond to them though (one of them today was being disparaging about Oxford parents, for example).

Another way of protecting yourself is to put an offensive troll on your ignore list. That way you can't see what they are saying, and they can't hurt you. :bootyshake: I have done this with two users so far.

Some threads seem as if they have been created to shock and draw a reaction. :mob:I have just left one particularly nasty thread just to see what the result would be. It came swiftly: I have been quoted and called back twice, in fact there were about five comments (including by anons) that I could have taken offense to. Sometimes it's great to leave a negative thread, :getmecoat:and look on the ensuing circus without the hassle of joining in. From now on, if a thread has an offensive, anti Oxbridge title I will not longer be joining the discussion.

I would much rather be helping genuine Oxbridge prospective students, such as your good self.

thats pretty reasonable i cant liee :rofl:
such wisdom ahah

If you see anyone being bullied (even if it's someone else, and not you), rather than engage in an argument, press the report button.:cyber:

I agree with this - not going to argue with bullies anymore past a certain point of rudeness - just report them.
Original post by Deggs_14
@/Pigster is my favourite, only person I follow :biggrin:
I love waking up and seeing what chemistry problem they’ve answered!

*blushes*

Quick Reply

Latest