The Student Room Group

going into year 11

hey guys so im currently going into year 11 and im really nervous because i still feel like i havent found 'my way' of revising and im just panicking because i know how quickly time goes in year 11.
anyone got any advice?(esp. maths and science)
Reply 1
for maths doing past papers and practice questions. If you do all the past papers for your exam board try others like AQA or edexcel. For science what i found works for me personally was just reading through revision guides and it got me good grades for science, i just finished GCSE.
first. dint panic I found my method half way through year 11 and still got great grades thankfully and it was different for each subject. try finding out what type of learner you are u can do that through an online quiz I found I was a mix of auditory and visual so u would make mind maps and voice note them in my phone and listen to them. I would also make flash cards for science and read then out loud. with these flashcards I put a question on one side and answer on the other the aim was to have quick firey questions made it easier to go through and remember once I knew all the content I would do exam questions started with foundation qs then went to higher. before u make these flashcards make sure you've made notes and understand the content. use free science lessons and primrose kitten. For maths to learn the content use a check list and watch Corbett maths and hegarty. remember u cant exceed in maths if u dont know the basics so practice the 'easy' parts so u know it like the back of your hand then go to the complicated stuff whilst learning this so practice papers lots and lots of them. extra revision methods can include mind maps, post it notes, etc try to condense your notes so at the end u dont have to flick through books of information x hit me up if u need anymore advice
Reply 3
Original post by SparklesH
first. dint panic I found my method half way through year 11 and still got great grades thankfully and it was different for each subject. try finding out what type of learner you are u can do that through an online quiz I found I was a mix of auditory and visual so u would make mind maps and voice note them in my phone and listen to them. I would also make flash cards for science and read then out loud. with these flashcards I put a question on one side and answer on the other the aim was to have quick firey questions made it easier to go through and remember once I knew all the content I would do exam questions started with foundation qs then went to higher. before u make these flashcards make sure you've made notes and understand the content. use free science lessons and primrose kitten. For maths to learn the content use a check list and watch Corbett maths and hegarty. remember u cant exceed in maths if u dont know the basics so practice the 'easy' parts so u know it like the back of your hand then go to the complicated stuff whilst learning this so practice papers lots and lots of them. extra revision methods can include mind maps, post it notes, etc try to condense your notes so at the end u dont have to flick through books of information x hit me up if u need anymore advice

thank you so much that was so helpful i am defo going to be trying out these methods and tell you how it goes thank you x
Reply 4
Original post by Elsmok
for maths doing past papers and practice questions. If you do all the past papers for your exam board try others like AQA or edexcel. For science what i found works for me personally was just reading through revision guides and it got me good grades for science, i just finished GCSE.

thanks so much i will be trying out some of these

Quick Reply

Latest