The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official OXFORD 2020 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Any English Mst applicants heard anything today?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by engapp2020
Any English Mst applicants heard anything today?

I haven't! Emailed to ask and they said we should expect to hear back 'very soon', and that was yesterday.
Ok! Had my interview with Ertegun as one of the four nominees for my department. I am even more anxious afterwards! The professors were very kind and supportive and one of them actually told me that I would thrive at Oxford at the end of the interview, but I suppose they say it to everyone! I have to wait until March. I strongly hope I can get it but have no clue what would happen.
I got invited to the interview today (MSc Computer Science) - really excited!
Original post by soontodomasters
I got invited to the interview today (MSc Computer Science) - really excited!

Congrats on the same boat as you :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by DataDragon
Congrats on the same boat as you :smile:

I still don't have an invite :frown:. I'm hoping because interviews are split over two weeks, interview invites will be split across two weeks as well.
Reply 826
Any MSc applicants to the OII for the January deadline hear back yet?
Reply 827
Original post by JLH356
I got an offer for the DPhil Classical Archaeology on 20th January and I submitted in November. Which course did you apply for?

I applied for MSc Archaeology by the January deadline.
Original post by sdashti
Ok! Had my interview with Ertegun as one of the four nominees for my department. I am even more anxious afterwards! The professors were very kind and supportive and one of them actually told me that I would thrive at Oxford at the end of the interview, but I suppose they say it to everyone! I have to wait until March. I strongly hope I can get it but have no clue what would happen.

I hope you'll get it! I applied for Ertegun as well, but couldn't yet hear from the History faculty about the application or the Ertegun scholarship. So, if I may ask, what was the content of the interview?
Original post by artisadoom
I haven't! Emailed to ask and they said we should expect to hear back 'very soon', and that was yesterday.

I was hoping it was radio silent because of the strikes, but on GradCafe English PhD students are getting formal letters through today by email so I've kind of lost all hope now tbh </3
Original post by elijah225
I hope you'll get it! I applied for Ertegun as well, but couldn't yet hear from the History faculty about the application or the Ertegun scholarship. So, if I may ask, what was the content of the interview?

Thanks! My potential supervisor asked me about my research interests and why I was interested in those fields, and the professor from the faculty who represented Ertegun asked me about how I can contribute to the house. :smile:
Original post by UniApplicant81
I still don't have an invite :frown:. I'm hoping because interviews are split over two weeks, interview invites will be split across two weeks as well.

I think they roll them out in 2 weeks too, the interviews are from 26 February - Wednesday 11 March, so they can email you usually with just 2 days notice.
Original post by jollottie
I was hoping it was radio silent because of the strikes, but on GradCafe English PhD students are getting formal letters through today by email so I've kind of lost all hope now tbh </3

Yep, received a formal offer for DPhil in English today, following an informal offer at the beginning of the week. If you're waiting for a decision on English DPhils though, don't despair! Rejections started going out on Tues/Wed too, and it's not over until they say so! Fingers crossed for you :smile:
Not yet! I also applied for the January deadline and haven’t heard a thing. I think my research interests are too out there, studying highly illegal stuff, so I’m not holding out much hope. (This hasn’t stopped me from constantly checking TSR though)

Edit: this is for the person who asked about applying to the Oxford internet institute January deadline!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sdashti

Hey! Could I ask what the interview was about? I got invited by my department and not sure what to expect! EDIT: Sorry just saw the one above!
(edited 4 years ago)
Anyone heard from Modern South Asian Studies??
Hi! I have applied to the World Literatures MSt, and was just wondering if not getting an informal offer essentially means a definite rejection sometime soon? Do all English applicants receive informal offers before being accepted, or are there any exceptions to this? Thanks!
Original post by anon123321123
Hey! Could I ask what the interview was about? I got invited by my department and not sure what to expect! EDIT: Sorry just saw the one above!

I hope you get it! :smile: have you got an offer yet?
Reply 838
Original post by wojtek9
I got the offer on 9Jan (I applied before the november deadline) for DPhil in Organic Chem. I also asked to forward my files for the SBM CDT in mid-december and still didnt get information or invitation for interview. Weird.

Congrats on the offer!! I applied for the January deadline, DPhil Physical and Theoretical Chemistry though, no interview invitation or anything either.
Original post by sdashti
I hope you get it! :smile: have you got an offer yet?

Thank you! Unfortunately I don't have an offer. Probably the faculty just sends them all together, but hopefully the nomination for the scholarship means that it is likely to come!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending