Official OXFORD 2020 Postgraduate Applicants thread Watch

anthro87
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Well, the time is here!

I'll be applying for the MsC in Social Anthropology at Oxford, looking toward the 1 + 3 (Msc into DPhil) option.

Last year I was accepted onto the MPhil course and into St Anthony's college, however I did not attain funding since I did not apply to a body out-with the Clarendon option that you are automatically put forward for; admittedly a naive application on my front.

Since then I have achieved a First Class Honours in my undergraduate, and I have been in contact with a range of graduates of the course, and lecturers - and I'll be putting forward a stronger statement and application towards a number of funding bodies.

So, here we go again....

Best of luck to everyone this year! What are we all applying for?
Last edited by anthro87; 2 weeks ago
pearlm2019
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,
I am applying for M.Sc (education). Last year I was on hold and finally rejected, this time once again I am applying with a strong statement. hopefully i make it this year.
stellaluna1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi everyone,

I am an international student from Berlin applying for the MPhil in European Politics and Society and possibly for the MPhil in REES as my proposed research topic seems to fit both courses. For now I have achieved the international equivalent of a First and several internships relevant to the course, but no real research experience so that's my weak spot.

If anyone is applying to the same courses, feel free to reach out!
countduckula1906
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
How many masters can you apply to during the same application and for the same cycle period?

I know it is likely only one.
I'm just curious as I know that for instance at Imperial you apply for two. The second course will only be considered if the first is unsuccessful (basically a safety net if you get rejected by your first choice course).

Is this similar for Oxford? Or just one course per year?
arch_student
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi guys!

I'll be doing my MSt in Archaeology this year at Jesus College, and will be applying to do the DPhil in Archaeology this year! Can't believe it's this time already, if anyone wants any advice for applying to the MSt Archaeology, or about Jesus College let me know!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate