The Student Room Group

Degree for Police Now programme - Politics or Law?

So I did a business for a year at uni at City and I didn’t enjoy it from the get go and I’ve dropped out. I’ve always wanted to get into the Police Now graduate programme. It doesn’t require any specific subject.

I now need to look for something new and I’m torn between doing International Politics and Sociology at City (where my mate who also dropped out from his uni is also about to start at City) or Law at LSBU. I’m more attracted to Law but at the same time I prefer coursework and the Politics course is about 87% coursework.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
Which subject actually interests you?

This isnt about getting a job in the police - its about doing something you will enjoy studying for three years.
You could easily change you mind about 'career' during your degree, so you need to be open minded about this.

Law is intensive. Wherever you do it, it involves lots of reading and lots of 'study'. It is not an easy option.
If you are interested in current affairs and the workings of society, then Sociology, Politics, Social Policy, Criminology etc may be a good fit. Go to some Open Days. Go to the subject talks for these courses and find out what that subject is about. Then make your decision. You have until January to make this decision - there is no need to panic just yet.

Do not pick a Uni because your best mate is there. This is your University degree, not theirs.

How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending