The Student Room Group

Positive feedback after getting rejection after an interview

So I have completed two interviews so far and I have been rejected but I always get positive feedback after the interview. I'm just unsure how I should improve on my skills when they have provided positive feedback. Usually it's a few skills that I'm missing nothing big or someone with 5-10 years experience got the role. Just really need some advice.
Original post by Goldenparadise
So I have completed two interviews so far and I have been rejected but I always get positive feedback after the interview. I'm just unsure how I should improve on my skills when they have provided positive feedback. Usually it's a few skills that I'm missing nothing big or someone with 5-10 years experience got the role. Just really need some advice.

If you are getting positive feedback then just take it into account and adjust your interview or whatever they suggest to close off a weakness. You can even turn it into a strength. Eventually you will improve and increase your chances of success.
Original post by 999tigger
If you are getting positive feedback then just take it into account and adjust your interview or whatever they suggest to close off a weakness. You can even turn it into a strength. Eventually you will improve and increase your chances of success.

Thanks for responding. I guess it's because I'm thinking of ways to improve my interview skills and they keep saying I have a really good skills set. Also I had this interview and what the interviewer was telling me about the role was different from they advert ( it's way better than the advert). I sent a following up saying that I was still very keen and I even when on to do further research on the points mentions. I'm not sure if that was good move or bad, what do you think?
Original post by Goldenparadise
Thanks for responding. I guess it's because I'm thinking of ways to improve my interview skills and they keep saying I have a really good skills set. Also I had this interview and what the interviewer was telling me about the role was different from they advert ( it's way better than the advert). I sent a following up saying that I was still very keen and I even when on to do further research on the points mentions. I'm not sure if that was good move or bad, what do you think?

Practice either with others or in front of the mirror.
Plenty of books on preparing for interview and probably question.
What sort of interviews are you going for school, uni, first grad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending