The Student Room Group

PWC Technology Flying Start 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
so has anyone actually been rejected yet?
Original post by MQ99
so has anyone actually been rejected yet?

Post assessment day or pre?

There a quite a ot of ppl rejected pre assessment day. When is assessment day ?
Reply 202
Original post by Banshee123
Post assessment day or pre?

There a quite a ot of ppl rejected pre assessment day. When is assessment day ?

Throughout this week, mines tomorrow
I’m doing the accounting flying start. How long did it take after the video interview to be invited to the AC? I’ve been waiting 7 days
Original post by TJM4

Mine is tomorrow as well - 12:30. How have you been preparing? What questions are you going to ask the technology team?
Good luck to everyone in tomorrow's assessment centre I'll see you there - and to those later in the week good luck also!
I'll share how I got on tomorrow :smile:
Original post by TJM4

First assessment day starts tommorrow and carries on until Friday. So nobody would have rejections
Am I right to assume that the only thing we are being assessed on is the group task and nothing else as mentioned in the email?
Am I right to assume that the only thing we are being assessed on is the group task and nothing else as mentioned in the email?

I think so, pwc pride themselves on being transparent with their recruitment process so I can't see them inputting any surprises. At most I think they will have a reflection interview - eg how did you get on today.
Reply 209
Original post by studentpwc2020
I think so, pwc pride themselves on being transparent with their recruitment process so I can't see them inputting any surprises. At most I think they will have a reflection interview - eg how did you get on today.

I doubt they'll even do that - the fact that most of the day is asking questions shows that they are also trying to show us how good PwC is - adding a surprise interview would not create that impression
Original post by TJM4
I doubt they'll even do that - the fact that most of the day is asking questions shows that they are also trying to show us how good PwC is - adding a surprise interview would not create that impression

Yeah. I think they would have said in the email if we had a short interview.
How did the assessment centre go today?
Is anybody else unable to attend assessment event on set dates and doing a virtual assessment instead?
Hi,
To everyone who had their assessment day.

How long was the Q&A and the group task ?
The day was really calm and honestly nothing you need to worry about.
consisted of a QnA Session Approx 1hour, 5-10 break and a 1-hour group discussion. (No surprise interview :smile:)

The day started with a short 15min brief then you are split up into a group of six, some do the QnA and some will do the group activity.
There isn't anything you need to prepare as the group activities require u to only use the information given.

We were told approx 350 got through to the ac, and there are about 110 spaces available. So about 1 in 3 will get through.
Not gonna give out too much information, but I'm sure the others will help!
Reply 215
Original post by javathar
consisted of a QnA Session Approx 1hour, 5-10 break and a 1-hour group discussion. (No surprise interview :smile:)

The day started with a short 15min brief then you are split up into a group of six, some do the QnA and some will do the group activity.
There isn't anything you need to prepare as the group activities require u to only use the information given.

We were told approx 350 got through to the ac, and there are about 110 spaces available. So about 1 in 3 will get through.

What time did u do it today I was 4-7

Yeah I wonder if PwC make more than 110 offers though as not everyone is going to get 3As. Idk if they do that.
Reply 217
Yeah I wonder if PwC make more than 110 offers though as not everyone is going to get 3As. Idk if they do that.

They said they would

What did most people wear?
Original post by TJM4
What time did u do it today I was 4-7

12:30

Original post by username999
What did most people wear?

Some wore suits otherwise, Shirt trousers and a tie. (for men). As long as its business casual you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending