The Student Room Group

PWC Technology Flying Start 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentpwc2020
You are much better calling the student recruitment phone number.

Will do at arround 3 pm, as I had sent them an email yesterday. I think t might be due to me being contextual and need to ask Leeds for some infomation
Reply 161
Original post by manu08manu
What is PwC's number

0808 100 1500
Reply 162
Original post by mathsalevels
Same!!

See you down there!
Just got an email from Leeds, saying that I was unsucessful with PwC, and an offer will be made for the standard course.
What university are people going to put down as they’re firm between Birmingham and Leeds?
Just got an email from Leeds, saying that I was unsucessful with PwC, and an offer will be made for the standard course.

Did you call them before getting the email?
Original post by marcvincent30
Did you call them before getting the email?

No. However I did email PwC yesterday
Just had an email from PwC with some info about the day:

You will undertake one assessed group exercise. During this group exercise you will be working with other candidates to discuss a scenario and reach a conclusion. This will last approximately one hour and is different to the standard PwC “Career Focus Day” (your session is much shorter and will not involve the use of laptops).

I feel like appealling the decision

Also received a negative like you did today, but I'm not from the UK and that's why it hasn't been such a surprise although I met all criteria.
I've found this waiting very rude from their part. Sorry, man.
Also received a negative like you did today, but I'm not from the UK and that's why it hasn't been such a surprise although I met all criteria.I've found this waiting very rude from their part.Sorry, man.
I feel like appealling the decision

There's not really much you can appeal, unfortunately. At the end of the day, it is their decision. Most likely all you will get in response is an automated response telling you such.
I had already had email contact with a lady so I sent a wee email today saying I hadn't heard anything yet and that I understood they were busy with so many applications.

Got a reply a few hours later saying my application had been unsuccessful. I kinda figured it after my online interview (My first interview ever) didn't go so well.

I will wait and see what QUB do with my course applications, although I have conditional offers already for my second choice of University.
Reply 173
Original post by ComputerStudent
I had already had email contact with a lady so I sent a wee email today saying I hadn't heard anything yet and that I understood they were busy with so many applications.

Got a reply a few hours later saying my application had been unsuccessful. I kinda figured it after my online interview (My first interview ever) didn't go so well.

I will wait and see what QUB do with my course applications, although I have conditional offers already for my second choice of University.

So sorry to hear that :frown:, I'm pretty sure that you'll get a standard cs offer
Reply 174
Btw has anyone been invited to an offer day at either Leeds or Birmingham, I haven’t. Got a feeling that these are going on at the moment and we're missing out on them. I’m thinking of emailing them
Original post by TJM4
Btw has anyone been invited to an offer day at either Leeds or Birmingham, I haven’t. Got a feeling that these are going on at the moment and we're missing out on them. I’m thinking of emailing them

That’s what I thought 🤔 my friend went to a Birmingham one last week but I haven’t been invited to any
Original post by TJM4

I applied to the one at Leeds and have got an assessment day at London next week.
Reply 177
Original post by WillOstler
I applied to the one at Leeds and have got an assessment day at London next week.

I mean the university offer days, sent an email and got a reply from Leeds saying:

If you are offered a place with PwC you will visit us on Wednesday 18th March. If you are not offered a place with PwC, you will visit us on Wednesday 25th March. You will receive further details in due course.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by TJM4
So sorry to hear that :frown:, I'm pretty sure that you'll get a standard cs offer

Thank you.

I did receive an email from QUB when my application went through saying "If we are unable to offer you a place your application will automatically be considered for one of the other courses offered by the School (Software Engineering, Computer Science and Computing & Information Technology)"

I did apply for for Computing and Information Technology, and Computer Science both at QUB so I'm hopeful I get offered something.
Good Luck for everyone else!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending