The Student Room Group

Southampton vs Exeter?

Which is generally better ? As in better teaching quality, most prestigious to employers?

Which is better known for physical geography?
(edited 4 years ago)
Based on

- accommodation
- employers views on the university
- nightlife
- quality of teaching
Original post by D7654321
Which is generally better ? As in better teaching quality, most prestigious to employers?

Which is better known for physical geography?

Firstly, go and visit both. Chat to academics and make a judgement on which you are most impressed by.
General university "prestige" isn't a big thing for employers, you're better off researching the sort of jobs you'd like to go into after uni and see what those particular employers say. If your career goals are not geography specific then forget about prestige.
I can speak for Southampton as I've been there a few times, never been to Exeter I'm afraid.

- Accommodation: Good range available, en-suites are always popular but the shared bathrooms are actually nicer. Most are a short distance from the main campus, but they've also got some halls in the city centre if you'd prefer the noise.

- Employability: Entirely depends on the course. (Same goes for Exeter.)

- Nightlife: It's a sizeable city. Therefore, it has nightlife. If you want a night out go to Portswood (near to the main campus) or go to town.

- Teaching: Entirely depends on the course. (Same goes for Exeter.)
Original post by 04MR17
I can speak for Southampton as I've been there a few times, never been to Exeter I'm afraid.

- Accommodation: Good range available, en-suites are always popular but the shared bathrooms are actually nicer. Most are a short distance from the main campus, but they've also got some halls in the city centre if you'd prefer the noise.

- Employability: Entirely depends on the course. (Same goes for Exeter.)

- Nightlife: It's a sizeable city. Therefore, it has nightlife. If you want a night out go to Portswood (near to the main campus) or go to town.

- Teaching: Entirely depends on the course. (Same goes for Exeter.)

What's the general student life like there? As well as the clubs etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending