The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Would i get into uni with this?

I want to study law at Queen Mary university, I'm currently doing a 180 credit Btec in games design which is worth 3 levels and I should be getting D*DD. On queen Marys website they say any Btec at D*DD can get you into law but my brother keeps saying i won't get in. Would i get in or not?
Original post by Bigman02
I want to study law at Queen Mary university, I'm currently doing a 180 credit Btec in games design which is worth 3 levels and I should be getting D*DD. On queen Marys website they say any Btec at D*DD can get you into law but my brother keeps saying i won't get in. Would i get in or not?

Why would Queen Mary state something that is false?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Hey,
Its been 2 years so i was wondering if u got in?
I am planning to take the same route and want some reassurance!
Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by _user23
Hey,
Its been 2 years so i was wondering if u got in?
I am planning to take the same route and want some reassurance!
Thanks

I wouldn’t have been able to get in to law with games design so I actually swapped to business. I’ve finished my business course and been accepted for law at QMUL, uni of Sheffield, uni of Birmingham, uni of Newcastle and uni of Liverpool.
Reply 4
Omg bro im do happy for u man!!
I cant stop smiling cuz thus motivated me so much!
What grades did u get in ur business Btec and what grades did u get at GCSE?
Reply 5
Original post by _user23
Omg bro im do happy for u man!!
I cant stop smiling cuz thus motivated me so much!
What grades did u get in ur business Btec and what grades did u get at GCSE?

Hi thanks a lot, so glad to hear I’ve motivated you means a lot! At GCSE I achieved 6 GCSES Grade 4-9, these were English, Maths, Science and geography (science and English count as two) Maths, science and geography I got all 4s and I got a 8 in English literature and 7 in English language. I haven’t gotten my grades for business yet but I’m certain I achieved either D*D*D or D*DD. Best of luck!
Reply 6
Thats great grades !!
How did Queen marys give a offer for Law when their entry requirements say they require 777766 minimum at gcse ? Did they make an exception for you? Also how comes you didnt apply for Law with Business? Thats what im aiming to apply for at Queen marys and Liverpool! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by _user23
Thats great grades !!
How did Queen marys give a offer for Law when their entry requirements say they require 777766 minimum at gcse ? Did they make an exception for you? Also how comes you didnt apply for Law with Business? Thats what im aiming to apply for at Queen marys and Liverpool! :smile:

I didn’t apply for law and business as honestly I’ve not got a big interest for business and just did it as I was too lazy to do a levels and had friends doing a business btec lol. I guess QMUL must’ve made an exception or something as they gave me a law offer, I’m most likely not gonna take it and go Liverpool or sheffield to be honest. Wish you all the best and good luck mate, hopefully in 2 years I’ll see you out in Liverpool or get a reply on this thread from you saying you’ve got your offers too.
Reply 8
Thats cool man, thanks for all the help bro! I for sure will catch up here in the chat! And maybe liverpool 2023!
Good luck with Uni! (Let me know how first year law is)
Reply 9
Hey bro,
Wanted to ask what grades u ended up getting?
And what Uni did u firm?
Reply 10
Original post by _user23
Hey bro,
Wanted to ask what grades u ended up getting?
And what Uni did u firm?

Got D*DD and firmed sheffield which they accepted, but I ended up deferring entry so I’m going sheffield next year and taking a gap year.
Thats great brooo! Good luck
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hey there @Bigman02,

D*DD meets the BTEC entry requirements for law! The requirements are D*DD and distinctions in four externally assessed units (https://www.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/entry/btec/#d.en.639828). However, this doesn't necessarily guarantee admission as your UCAS application also entails your reference and personal statement! That said, it sounds like you're well prepared academically to apply. If you have more specific admissions questions, you can contact the undergraduate admissions team using the following contact details: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/law/contact/!

Hope this helps! And best of luck! :smile:

Matthew
QMUL Student Ambassador and TSR Representative

A bit late considering the OP firmed Sheffield?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending