The Student Room Group

insomnia club

still awake?

need tips? see below.
- try getting into a bedtime routine - going to bed and waking up at the same time
- try limiting your screen time before bed or change your phone's/laptop's setting to 'night shift' if possible, to filter out the blue light
- watch boring documentaries
- make sure your environment is relaxing and comfortable
- avoid naps during the day if you can
- avoid too much caffeine and alcohol if possible

helpful apps:
sleepyti.me - helps you wake up refreshed by finding the best time to go to sleep/calculating your sleep cycles

yt channels:
soothing relaxation - especially their 3h underwater paradise video
bbc earth
4k relaxation channel
nature relaxation films - some of their videos are like 11h long

over the counter sleep-enhancing supplements:
melatonin (needs to be shipped from eu/usa), theanine, 5 htp, magnesium, gamma-aminobutyric acid (now banned in the uk but still available in america)

always try to identify the cause of your insomnia first. but if nothing works for you, stop torturing yourself and see a doctor. there are tons of good sleep meds available; hypnotics/sedatives like ambien, or even valium if anxiety is the main cause of your insomnia.

goodnight <3

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm tired and still can;t sleep. Gonna go lob a Baileys in a chocolate in a sec, that'll help
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
I'm tired and still can;t sleep. Gonna go lob a Baileys in a chocolate in a sec, that'll help

do share. i don't feel like taking more valium tonight eh
Reply 3
Original post by Ciel.
do share. i don't feel like taking more valium tonight eh

It's a habit I should get out of tbh but I do it every night :laugh:
Reply 4
Original post by gjd800
It's a habit I should get out of tbh but I do it every night :laugh:

hey, as long as it works
Original post by LordBerkut
My penis hurts and I'm eating skittles. Valium and youtube are my only hope.

i'm not kissing it better, stop asking.
There's a couple maths problems keeping me awake :frown:.
Reply 6
Original post by I hate maths!
There's a couple maths problems keeping me awake :frown:.

ew, math
Original post by djuvxwbx
Australian Diploma Purchase | UoN Degree Certificate | + micro diploma 899 / Newcastle University Diploma transcript / letter network certification first-hand resources Newcastle University diploma
One-handed letter WeChat: Microdiploma899 is committed to providing convenient and fast diploma education for the majority of overseas students. After years of development, it has a first-class technical team and rich experience in product production. Laser laser related to diploma and diploma production , logo bronzing, anti-counterfeiting watermark, UV fluorescence and other technical processing mature, with the original (diploma degree) one-to-one full reproduction. Timely update the graduation diplomas of major universities around the world (including diplomas, return certificates, transcripts, degrees) Certificates, etc., and long-term cooperation with overseas study institutions, continue to enrich the IB data. The first time to grasp the collection of national academic credentials certificate, size, paper material, anti-counterfeiting technology and other aspects of information changes. To facilitate you A safe diploma for studying abroad.

The establishment of the professional talent database of the letter network provides convenience for the employer to provide professional information inquiry for international students. International students can submit real and valid information about studying abroad to the letter-keeping network for filing. Once the application is successful, they will be awarded the “Certificate of International Student Professionals” and they will receive a free resume from the National Student Information Service Network, which is available at the China Professional Certification Center and national students. Information service network storage results. International students, parents, social employers, etc. can enjoy the inquiry service from the professional talent pool of international students. The employer can also obtain the personal information of the professional counterparts of the international students from the letter network, and provide more high-end employment opportunities for the international students. The establishment of the professional talent pool of international students not only provides professional certification for the study abroad group, but also promotes the return of students studying abroad in China. The comprehensive construction of the service system plays an indispensable role in enriching the reserve strength of Chinese students.

yes, yes, yes
Reply 7
Hey peeps
:goodnight:
Reply 9
You okay?
Reply 10
Everything OK?
Reply 12
Original post by Pathway
Everything OK?

feeling extra grumpy today. lol
Original post by Ciel.
feeling extra grumpy today. lol

Well, I'm about if you need to talk. :hugs:
Reply 14
Original post by Pathway
Well, I'm about if you need to talk. :hugs:

thanks <3
Original post by Soshun
Brief moment of feeling suicidal I think that's normal mostly I just want to have an accident and die so my family won't know i wanted it but today I thought about jumping out the window. Maybe just tired. Stressed about student finance. There's a Ringing in my head. Just needed to post. Not a public person usually. Thought if I posted it I'd get some sleep. A problem shared? Maybe the wrong idea. Is everyone OK?

i get it, i often feel the same way about life, but these feelings come and go. acting on them isn't worth it. student finance? why? there's a student finance section on tsr if you need advice on it.
Reply 15
Original post by Ciel.
thanks <3

i get it, i often feel the same way about life, but these feelings come and go. acting on them isn't worth it. student finance? why? there's a student finance section on tsr if you need advice on it.

Yea I looked at that. There's more to it. Just seems if there's like one more thing then it sends me into overdrive. Sorry I'm not great at explaining myself because I don't really discuss. Hope you are OK.
Original post by Soshun
Brief moment of feeling suicidal I think that's normal mostly I just want to have an accident and die so my family won't know i wanted it but today I thought about jumping out the window. Maybe just tired. Stressed about student finance. There's a Ringing in my head. Just needed to post. Not a public person usually. Thought if I posted it I'd get some sleep. A problem shared? Maybe the wrong idea. Is everyone OK?

Sounds like you're struggling a lot at the moment, do reach out to people if you can't keep yourself safe. :hugs:

Original post by Ciel.
thanks <3

No worries, I'll be about all night most likely. Sleeping pattern is really messed up and I have an appointment in south London early in the morning so I doubt I'll be asleep tonight, so yeah, if you do wanna chat, just drop me a message. I'll get back to you ASAP. :h:
Reply 17
Original post by Soshun
Yea I looked at that. There's more to it. Just seems if there's like one more thing then it sends me into overdrive. Sorry I'm not great at explaining myself because I don't really discuss. Hope you are OK.

hmm. you need to take some time to chill, maybe.
Original post by Pathway
Sounds like you're struggling a lot at the moment, do reach out to people if you can't keep yourself safe. :hugs:

No worries, I'll be about all night most likely. Sleeping pattern is really messed up and I have an appointment in south London early in the morning so I doubt I'll be asleep tonight, so yeah, if you do wanna chat, just drop me a message. I'll get back to you ASAP. :h:

oh noo, try to get at least a couple hours of sleep then? if possible. i can't function without like at least 10h tbh. so i usually just take meds to knock myself out. lol
Original post by Ciel.
hmm. you need to take some time to chill, maybe.

oh noo, try to get at least a couple hours of sleep then? if possible. i can't function without like at least 10h tbh. so i usually just take meds to knock myself out. lol

I also need a lot of hours to be functional, it's just been hard to get much sleep lately. :redface: The medications I have that are supposed to make me drowsy/sleepy don't do much. :lol:
Original post by Ciel.

You wet little sausage you stole my thread

Quick Reply

Latest