The Student Room Group

Medical advice anythin would do

Hi*
I wanted to know the best way to deal with what I was going through. I have had chest pains for as long as I remember; it stated that when I was around 10 years old, my insomina started like a few months before (like at the age of 9 before my 10th birthday). Plainly, I am experiencing chest pains. One time it was a sharp pain, like a stab to my chest; the other time it was a dull ache afterward that took so long to go away.*
I have become so used to these pains that I have found out that there is no point in complaining. I knew it was affecting my life because one second I was okay, then I laughed. The second time, I felt a stab. I am writing this knowing the aftermath I earlier described. The pain is spreading to the left side of the chest and the left shoulder downward. I know most people will call him a GP. I'm currently 10 years old and 14 years old. It has been 4 years with chest pain. I went to my GP for different appointments, to the point where I kind of lost hope. I was told that I have asthma, but my mom did let me continue, as I guess she didn't believe it, so I could go back for further examination. On December 22, 2023, I went to my GP as I had developed trembling in my hands. I thought maybe I could solve chest pain and insomnia at the same time. Kill three pigeons with a stone. But I guess I was disappointed. Not only did I miss like 3 hours of schl, and I'm doing GSC this year, but it was utterly useless.*
The doctor told me that I am having anxiety, so I was like, Okay, maybe I do because I am stressed out because of my first ever GSE, but when I think about it, that isn't the cause. To be honest, when I was 9/10, I was a carefree person and was like, Oh well with life. But I knew anxiety wasn't the cause, but the doctor wouldn't listen. I even wrote a list of symptoms. I have been suffering. This guy goes when I don't have time. I know GP appointments are only 10 minutes long, but this guy dismayed me for being like 4 or 3 minutes early. Then he said you have anxiety and you need to do a blood test for vitamin D, iron, and anxiety hormones.*
It was time for a blood test on December 22nd, 2023, so I did it and went home. Waiting for results. To show you how crap this GP is, till this day I haven't received my results. I actually don't know what to do as I'm still experiencing these chest pains (which are getting worse) and my insomnia too.*
I'm thinking about going to my GP again during the Easter holiday. Ask again about my chest pains and insomnia, as I'm just too tired to deal with these pains anymore. My chest pains keep getting worse and worse. I have read about chest pains, and I am getting a bit scared.*
as the symptoms i have 5 match stable/unstable angina and i have 4 danger signs that match it.
What should I do?*
I'm sorry for the long paragraphs.*
But I don't know what they do.*
Any advice is great.*
Reply 1
Don't wait. See a doctor ASAP.
Reply 2
but will gp do anythin

Quick Reply

Latest