The Student Room Group

History and Politics at Oxford?????

I'm in year 12 and thinking of applying to Oxford for history and politics. Is this plausible?

GCSE RESULTS:
Chemistry - 9
English Language - 7
English Literature - 9
German - 7
History - 9
Psychology - 8
Biology - 8
Maths - 7
Physics - 8
Religious Studies - 8
Business Studies - 8

A LEVEL OPTIONS:
History, Politics, Economics (don't have predicted grades yet)

Also what work experience/volunteering would help me?? Thank you!!!
Not sure which gcse grades you need for this, but I don’t see why you shouldn’t have a go.

I knew someone on tsr who got in for history with 2 a stars. However there are fewer places for history and politics.

Maybe you could volunteer in a museum or stately home?

Or maybe get involved with politics at local level. I know someone who is a politics student who spoke on a motion at the Lib Dem conference and his speech actually appeared on the bbc!

My son was offered a work placement by his local mp, so it’s worth emailing to them.

Or you can also ask them if you can have a tour round the Houses of Parliament. My sons and I did this, and we got to hear a major speech in the House of Commons
Original post by stressystressy
I'm in year 12 and thinking of applying to Oxford for history and politics. Is this plausible?

GCSE RESULTS:
Chemistry - 9
English Language - 7
English Literature - 9
German - 7
History - 9
Psychology - 8
Biology - 8
Maths - 7
Physics - 8
Religious Studies - 8
Business Studies - 8

A LEVEL OPTIONS:
History, Politics, Economics (don't have predicted grades yet)

Also what work experience/volunteering would help me?? Thank you!!!

Hope this helps, but here is a chapter from my book, written by a current History Oxford student. It shows, in detail, how he got into Oxford for history.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6126988
Original post by Oxford Mum
Hope this helps, but here is a chapter from my book, written by a current History Oxford student. It shows, in detail, how he got into Oxford for history.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6126988

Thank you!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest