The Student Room Group

How to revise for A-Level AQA English Literature B?(or English Literature in general)

I'm in second year now and I was able to only get a C for English Literature. I don't really have a technique so does anybody have tips?
I'm doing: Death of A Salesman, King Lear, John Keats Poetry, The Rime of Ancient Mariner, Brighton Rock and Atonement (the last three are the element of crime writing texts were looking at).
I find mindmaps really useful for the key themes and ideas. What I like to do is, on A3, make a small mindmap in each corner for each character or theme, then link the ideas between characters and themes in a different colour.
Another idea is to write quotes or characters on a blank piece of paper and use ‘blurting’ to write everything you can think of related to it - analysis, context, role in the novel etc.
Essay plans and practice essays are also really important.
For closed book exams you can also use flashcards with ‘fill in the blank’ quotes. Quizlet also lets you make online flashcards, so you can match quotes and analysis or write analysis from the quotes given.
I don’t do the texts you are studying so can’t give you specific resources, but I hope this helps. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending