The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths

Thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by slondon2
It is my last year in college. I have applied for mental health nursing to study in September 2020. I’m in the process of finishing my level 1 functional skills and most university’s require a maths GCSE grade at 4 or functional skills level 2. It is impossible for me to get into level 2 before next year without my level 1 being passed just yet. However, I’m studying BTEC health and social care level 3 and in the first year I got D*D* I’m aiming to get my last D* this year. This means, 168 UCAS points. Every uni that has mental health nursing require a DDM and 112 ucas points. Would they consider me without my GCSE maths? Please HELP!

No. The maths requirement is from the NMC, not the university. The NMC is the regulatory body for nurses and midwives, and in order for universities to train students and put them forward for NMC registration, they need to meet agreed standards. One of these is that all applicants must hold GCSE maths or an approved equivalent.

You could contact the university to see if they accept any other maths qualifications, but unfortunately the requirement is non-negotiable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending