The Student Room Group

Are my a level options strong enough?

I have just started year 12 and am doing art, physics and maths at the moment. I love art but am wondering if it is a strong enough 3rd a level option for my future and university applications. At the moment I am interested in engineering and geophysics and don’t know if I should take up a 4th subject like chemistry. Opinions?
Original post by Fl3ra
I have just started year 12 and am doing art, physics and maths at the moment. I love art but am wondering if it is a strong enough 3rd a level option for my future and university applications. At the moment I am interested in engineering and geophysics and don’t know if I should take up a 4th subject like chemistry. Opinions?

You could always do a 4th subject, and then have art as an level. Therefore, you can drop it at the end of the year? - if you don’t think it’s a strong enough subject.

Have you had a look at the UCAS website to see what universities ask for as anoefele?
Original post by Fl3ra
Yeah im strongly considering chemistry as a 4th, and most universities requirements for these courses only require physics and maths however chemistry is preferable. But I don't want to take up chemistry and the workload to be too much. Thanks.

Do you enjoy chemistry? If you don't want to do it, then I'd advise on not doing it.
Original post by Hazzabear
Do you enjoy chemistry? If you don't want to do it, then I'd advise on not doing it.

Fair enough I might not then. I was good at it at GCSE but it's definitely not a favourite
Original post by Fl3ra
Fair enough I might not then. I was good at it at GCSE but it's definitely not a favourite

It’s your choice ultimately :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest