The Student Room Group

Degrees into content marketing?

Hello,

So I didn’t get a grade 6 in GCSE maths which has limited my options for the top uni courses in marketing that I wanted, so I was wondering whether I should do a media/comm BSc as it kind of applies to content marketing and then get a MSc in marketing. I’m not sure if that’s a solid plan or not. I know that some people say media/comm degrees are Mickey Mouse degrees, so I was thinking a masters would help my chances in content marketing and management.

But, I mean I do have some good options for a straightforward Marketing/Management course but I’ve also that heard marketing degrees can be slightly outdated because the industry changes so much. So, maybe a Media/comm BSc then a masters will be more helpful for my future? Or is it like the same and I should just go for the courses I’m looking at in Marketing?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Why not retake your maths GCSE alongside your A levels?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Why not retake your maths GCSE alongside your A levels?

Hi :smile: Well, I know I’m going to be stressed and busy enough with the last year of A-Levels. I’ve also got prefect/head duties & LAMDA exams on top of that, plus maths has really never been a strong suit of mine (obviously) and the help at school would likely be minimal. I also can’t afford a tutor so, I just don't think I can retake and receive a higher grade in my final year with everything going on. I do wish I had done it last year when the pressure wasn’t so hard, but oh well! There are still courses that accept a 5, so I’m not completely disheartened!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending