The Student Room Group

Filmmaking at universities

I want to study a filmmaking course at either Leeds Beckett University or Arts University Bournemouth. They're both part of the CILECT thing which is great but I don't know which one I prefer. I need some opinions on both unis. I know it depends on my preferences. I know I have to go to the open days to see things and s***. I know all that so please don't tell me that it depends on my preferences. All I need from you lovely people is opinions on the course, the uni, the lectures, the facilities and all that crap. Preferably people who went to these unis for the same course.
Thank you
Love,
BEN
Hi there,

Sorry to see you haven't had any replies yet, hopefully, I can help bump the post for you. Whilst I study BA(Hons) Photography and you're looking at BA(Hons) Film I may be able to help you out! Here are some questions that I considered when choosing where to do my degree, which helped me with my decision;

Which city provides better for the lifestyle you want (casual, nightlife, etc.)?
Which city did you prefer and why?
Where would you be happier living?

University and Course
Which university has the best facilities?
Which allows students longer access to both equipment and lecturers/ tutors?
Which has modules that suit you better? You can usually find module break-downs on the course page of the website or prospectus.

When choosing my university, I definitely thought a lot about where I would feel most comfortable and happy, as I knew I wouldn't be working to my full potential living somewhere where I wasn't.

Although it is not relevant to the specific universities you mentioned, hopefully, this will help you with your decision. Sorry that I can't help to answer your questions, perhaps you could try making a thread asking current students there what they think of the course and how they're finding it? I'd also recommend looking at websites such as Which Uni, What Uni, UniStats and The Complete University Guide? They may offer some further information about student satisfaction & info about the courses (from current and past students).

Hope this helps,
Harriet :smile:
Third Year Photography Student and Student Ambassador
Thanks so much Harriet! This will definitely be useful!
Original post by lepetitjuif
Thanks so much Harriet! This will definitely be useful!

No worries at all!

Good luck with your decision! :biggrin:

Best,
Harriet :smile:
Third Year Photography Student and Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending