The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone,

Hope all the Scottish students got the results they needed yesterday!
I've accepted a place to study Computing Science and Business & Management this year, would love to know some people before I go, maybe studying one of the same subjects.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hi, my offer is for Msc Aerospace Engineering. Any MSc offer holders deciding on deferring to January 2021 or are you sticking to Sept 2020?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I got an unconditional for pharmacology! Applied on 14/11, for my acknowledgement on 15/11 and my unconditional on 19/11 so a really quick turn around

Hi- what were you predicted and what grades did they want?
Original post by Anonymous
I've applied to and received a conditional offer for Business Studies

Congrats- what grades did they want?
Original post by Beckstudies
I just got an unconditional for Economics (Socsci) :smile: The social sciences offers are finally coming out yay!

Congrats- what were your predicted grades and what grades did they want?
Original post by Mirai609
Hey guys!

This thread is for the people who are applying/have applied this year to study at UofG.

Did you receive an acknowledgement or offer?
What course(s) have you applied to?
What other universities have you applied to?

I'll start: I applied to MEng Electronics and Electrical Engineering and have also applied to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt.
Applied 7/09/2019, got an acknowledgement on 9/09/2019 and received an offer on 19/11/2019.

Hi there-if you want to talk to students from the Uni of Glasgow then you can ask them anything about life at Glasgow at: www.glasgow.ac.uk/askastudent We have over 100 students and Alumni on there.

Thanks Ann
TeamUofG :smile:
Hi. I decided to switch to Glasgow University for Econ/Politics MA during my results. Bit of a rapid change so looking forward to it!
It's been almost a week since, but is anyone here doing either economics or politics at Glasgow? Ik there is an offer holders FB but I don't really have an FB so, is there anyone here that's doing it?
Reply 828
Hi, has anyone here done an LLM at Glasgow? If so, I'd be very grateful if I could ask you some questions :smile:
Hi, I have accepted a conditional offer for a masters at Glasgow. I've sent away the documentation to satisfy the conditions, and haven't heard anything for a week and a half and the course starts in two weeks. No replies to any of my emails. Anyone else having a similar issue?
Original post by Kimsomers99
Hi, I have accepted a conditional offer for a masters at Glasgow. I've sent away the documentation to satisfy the conditions, and haven't heard anything for a week and a half and the course starts in two weeks. No replies to any of my emails. Anyone else having a similar issue?

I had some issues myself as I was initially classed as international (I had IRL then, and a few days after I became a citizen) so it took me a while to sort that out. My academic registration was halted for a while because I needed to adjust my fee status

Calling them does help
Original post by Volkerbund1933
I had some issues myself as I was initially classed as international (I had IRL then, and a few days after I became a citizen) so it took me a while to sort that out. My academic registration was halted for a while because I needed to adjust my fee status

Calling them does help

Thanks so much! I've called the general university number, and they said postgrad admissions are experiencing a backlog. Postgrad phone number just rings out. Did it take them long to sort it for you? Just worried since the course starts in over a week!
Hi, is there any freshers for Aeronautical Engineering?
Original post by Kimsomers99
It's an MSc in Sociology, and I've done my bachelors, so all should be okay. Just waiting on it to go unconditional, they're leaving it fairly late though. Perfect, thank you so much! Hopefully someone can sort something or send me in the right direction.

I know, I'm the same, especially since I'm coming from Ireland. Hoping there'll be some sort of campus activity to actually meet other people!

Fair enough, bc I had that same confusion myself

Yeah it is going a bit into the dark. 'Freshers' for undergrads at least has become mostly online with only a few events on the campus itself (esp since Glasgow has spiked in cases). I will look at online stuff but sadly I'm arriving only one day before my classes start so I may not know a lot of people in person soon enough- Fingers crossed it goes great

I'm sure there is an equivalent for Postgrad but I'm not sure 100% how it works so just look on UofG living or see the facebook thing if there is some events going on. Otherwise best of luck!
Just been accepted for my MSC in marketing :smile:
Hey,

This is the link for an unofficial WhatsApp group with Common Law Undergraduate Offer holders who have got an offer to study the course for the September 2021 intake. If anyone in this group meets that description, feel free to join and introduce yourself.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/JHFrLxF53lFI9jrfaRAQSR
anyone from london going to glasgow uni? im really nervous and panicking, I love the uni but being away so far from home makes me feel very nervous

Latest

Trending

Trending