The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
mkeillor
Just out of curiosity, why were you in Texas anyway?.

Holiday.
Course they are, everything is bigger in America,
Reply 42
how the hell did my thread turn into a topic about immigration, war and Muslims :confused:
Reply 43
Texas and most of the Midwestern states are known for their big boys (tall and large frames). Those states were settled by a group of settlers known as the forty-eighters, which were mainly German but also Czech, Hungarian and some others. There are parts of the US known for their Nordic or Germanic heritages, such as Minnesota where there are towns/cities full of mostly blond haired and blue eyed people.

Btw - as far as the obesity epidemic goes, it's a bit exaggerated. There are a lot of overweight or obese people in the states, but the problem with BMI is that it relies on height and weight charts and does not take into consideration for lean mass. For my height, my BMI should be between 130-170 to fall into the 'average/healthy' range. I weigh 203 lbs though, which puts me borderline obese; however, using calipers to measure my body fat, my lean body mass is 171 and my fat mass is 33. So even if I lost every once of fat in my body, I would still be considered overweight even though by body fat is in the normal range (15%). Now of course this isn't true for everyone, but BMI is inaccurate for most people who workout and put on lean mass.
Reply 44
samsamsupersam
at least they don't let Muslims take over and run their country telling them what's what.

No they let the jews do it instead. Oy vey.
gaijin
No they let the jews do it instead. Oy vey.

what's your problem with Jews then??
Reply 46
samsamsupersam
what's your problem with Jews then??

Dude will you shut your ****ing mouth you've been going on about immigrants, foreigners and muslims all day and now you're asking what's your problem just get the **** out you jackass.
Danny DeVito and Tom Cruise are American, so I think not.
imtired
Dude will you shut your ****ing mouth you've been going on about immigrants, foreigners and muslims all day and now you're asking what's your problem just get the **** out you jackass.

**** off you thick Nazi prick.
imtired
Danny DeVito is Italian, lol i know you weren't being serious (as usual) just pointing that out.

I'm not a nazi, butt****er.

Italian-American :wink:.
Reply 50
Kater Murr
Danny DeVito and Tom Cruise are American, so I think not.

and Warwick Davis and most of the cast of Willow and Time Bandits are British ...:wink:
Reply 51
samsamsupersam
typical lefty view. makes me sick. if people like you had been in charge in 1939 we'd be speaking German now.

No idiot I am no lefty! And this is exactly your problem you just assume with no evidence with just prejuicde!!I am a muslim and you offending my religion is not tolerated in any form! But even If I were a lefty you speaking german would be much better than you typing this ********! asswhole!!
then you go on defending the jews, and somehow you call yourself not racist? Then how come you didn't talk about any other minority either than muslims? And somehow If I assumed that the entire population of Oxford students is composed of a minority of the inhumane and vile type of humans that you are, the university's reputation would be under rock bottom by now!
Reply 52
//
Reply 53
imtired
Danny DeVito is Italian, lol i know you weren't being serious (as usual) just pointing that out.

I'm not a nazi, butt****er.

calm down girls
who cares anyway.

The Americans produce better Music, better flms, better drama and Food!

There accents are good too! Especially NY!

Latest

Trending

Trending