The Student Room Group

Obsessive Behaviour

I have a friend that I have known since the beginning of primary I’m now in year 9 and I still am very close. We have a lot of memories together and being with her is the best thing because I can feel like I can be myself and genuinely have a good time . However lately she has become more rebellious and does stuff like bunking school. She’s asked me repeatedly to bunk school with her and each time I refuse she calls me a pussy and I begin to have this weird thought that I need to do stuff like this to always be her number one rather than anyone else. Recently she had a fight with one of my friends that was her best friend. She would post them together and treat her better than me, but when she fought with her and talked behind her back it made me happy. I hated my self for being happy but I thought I was now her number one friend. Back to skipping school because I felt like I needed to live up to her expectations I pretended to be sick and then I met up with her during the times of school since my family go to work. We had a lot of fun. A few days later she asks to do it again and I refuse she immediately calls me a pussy and says she needs other friends. I’m scared she will get other friends because she knows people though she’s not very talkative. I have this reoccurring fear of her leaving me and I don’t know why she’s so important I have other friends but I feel upset even thinking about her leaving me. I need help or I need to find better ways to keep her being my friend.
She sounds like a pretty awful person. Why do you want to be her friend? She’s manipulative and on track to be a complete waster. Stop skipping school and find better friends.
I agree with the above comment. You'll find that loads of people move on from their friends when leaving school or moving on with life.

This person is very mean and awful, even if you might not admit it because she is your friend. The fact that you said she considored one of your friends as her best friend, I don't know why you'd give her this much attention and importance when she doesn't do the same to you.

I would move on and focus with your life. The fact she's trying to make you miss school is bad. Sure you'll feel sad and upset for a while if you move on and remove her from her from your life... but when you look back in 10 - 15 years when you've graduated and you have a decent job with a good salary - and maybe even a good best friend, you'll be glad you moved on from her especially if she carry's on the path of bunking school...which will lead her life to be like these chaves you see where they steal off others and spend all day smoking on street corners.

You'll find many people find their life long friends later in life. From personal experience, I met my best friend at college when I was 20.

But anyway sorry for the essay, let us know what happens going forward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending