The Student Room Group

What sport did you just suck at?

Scroll to see replies

Javelin
Original post by Mackay
I was good at football and cricket growing up - but I just couldn't play rugby. I was awful. I was pretty small and slight, so I got battered from pillar to post.

What about you, TSR?

Football, I can’t kick a ball straight but I row and play rugby now, mainly row
Original post by Mackay
I was good at football and cricket growing up - but I just couldn't play rugby. I was awful. I was pretty small and slight, so I got battered from pillar to post.

What about you, TSR?

I’m good at long distance running that also involves sprinting
Dancing :wink:
I hated team sports because I was very shy. I think I’m pretty coordinated though and I love to dance now.
All of them.

Although since school I have become more athletic and am a pretty fast sprinter. I can also throw pretty darn far.
Reply 26
Badminton
Golf. That swing is the most unnatural thing in the world and my body just can't do it.

Which is weird because I'm generally towards the top end for coordination and general athleticalness.
Reply 28
Original post by SlightlySummer
Don't think javelin throwing counts, but it would be that. Luckily I inherited the 'good at sports' gene :eek4:

This was the one I was going to say. I just couldn’t throw a javelin properly no matter how hard I tried.
All track running.
Eg sprint races , relay , long distances... I'm just not fast enough:redface:.my legs physically won't fun faster .
Im good at cricket , rounders, table tennis, Dodge ball and badminton thought :smile: when I say good.i mean I was pretty decent and I enjoyed it alot .I was one of the good one for the girls :wink:.hahaha . All in all I'm better at team games rather than individual
Reply 30
All of them, I’m not a sporty person whatsoever.
Reply 31
I do hate short distance runs like the 100m, 200m and 400m but I am a big fan of 1500m and longer distances.
Definitely basketball.
But recently I have been managing to get 11 shots in over 4 years of doing basketball in PE
Original post by GCSE_beginner
Definitely basketball.
(...)

Basketball is one of those ball sports I am so torn. It is so frustrating when I can't hit the basket! in the other hand it is a nice game for oneself to get focus.
All track and field . High jump... Any running
Reply 35
All of them.

Except netball in primary. We won every match even when I was in centre so that was fun.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by GlockInmyRari
Dancing :wink:

If that is a sport, it is one of those in which I suck.
Football
In secondary school I remember being useless at tennis, badminton anything like that- up until the point I got my eyes tested & found out how bad my sight had got. After I started wearing glasses and could actually see what I was doing properly it turned out I wasn't that bad & after a while I learned to play tennis to a reasonable standard:smile:.
I was pretty good at sports, was in a basketball and running team for my school. However, relatively, I was bad at short distance running. If for long distance I was one of the best in school for 60m and 100m I was average.

Quick Reply

Latest