The Student Room Group

is my life/am I too boring?

i'm in y12 and most of what i do is studying or working on supercurricular stuff. basically everyone else i know has hobbies and things they enjoy and things that make them interesting but i feel like i never have time because i'm always so sucked in by my schoolwork. but at the same time i keep comparing myself to others and thinking that i'm so boring compared to them and there's not really anything to me. thoughts/tips on what i should do?
invest in a hobby? could be anything doesnt have to be big. cooking,baking, knitting, photography etc
Original post by Anonymous #1
i'm in y12 and most of what i do is studying or working on supercurricular stuff. basically everyone else i know has hobbies and things they enjoy and things that make them interesting but i feel like i never have time because i'm always so sucked in by my schoolwork. but at the same time i keep comparing myself to others and thinking that i'm so boring compared to them and there's not really anything to me. thoughts/tips on what i should do?

Hi,
Whilst studying and work is important, spending time doing things you like or things for yourself is essential. Have a think about things you enjoy and would choose to do in downtime - is it watch moovies ? Is it reading? Gaming? Crafty hobby? Outside time? Sport? If your not sure then try some things out even setting yourself a task to try a new hobby every week for example until you might find something.

I'd discourage comparing yourself to others. Everyone is different as they should be. Comparing and setting unattainable standards for ourselfs is not helpful or realistic and can be demotivating and lead to being our own worst critics. Take care and hope you might find something that you enjoy to compliment studying and work.
Catherine - University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending