The Student Room Group

Do you have a double or single bed in your room?

Scroll to see replies

I have a king size but obviously I share it with my husband (and my son most of the time!)

When I lived at home I had a double bed to myself from the ages of 12 to 19 - well it was really a futon but I only used it as a bed - it never got converted back into a sofa.
Reply 41
Single, and even if I could fit a double in, which i can't, I'd rather have the room for other stuff.:biggrin:
Reply 42
Currently a single, but I'm trying to get my landlord to upgrade it. My flatmate has a double, annoyingly. I think it was actually supposed to be me who got it and they screwed up.
I have a single at my Dad's and one in halls, I'd have double beds in those rooms if they'd fit - that's why I'm at my boyfriends with his king size bed most of the time!
3/4.
and i am going to miss it so much when i go to uni. i hate sleeping in single beds when i go on holiday and stuff, because i'm used to having so much room :frown:
Double at home. Got it when I was about 17 and I had to buy it myself. I spend pretty much all my time in bed, it seemed only natural to expand.
Single.

Having a bigger room soon, so was gonna get a double then - then realised that I couldn't fit a double bed, computer, bedside table, 2 rat cages and various other "bots" all in there.
Reply 47
Double but soon to be a Queen Size(3/4) :frown:
Reply 48
A double bed. Also known as the Sexboat. Or the Pounding Pad. Or the... hmm, suggestions?
Had a single all my life everywhere I've been.
Double, i can't sleep in singles now that im so used to doubles.
Single bed-couldn't fit anything bigger in my room, which is tiny. For a few years I had one of those beds with a futon and a desk underneath it which was cool, but had to get rid of it, as it was too big and looked kinda odd. Ah well. I like my current bed though, with it's drawers and shelves which are very useful.
Reply 52
Double bed. I'm going to miss it when I move into uni halls.
Reply 53
Single at home, but hopefully double at uni. Wahey!
Reply 54
2 singles
Im told the bed in my house for uni next year is a double, sweeeeeetttt
Single bed at home and will have a single bed at uni in september too :smile:
Reply 57
A double, I can't sleep in anything else. I always used to sleep right in the middle of the bed, but weirdly, the last few weeks I've gravitated towards one side, so much so that the other night I nearly fell out of bed because I sleep nearly on the edge now! Very weird.
Reply 58
I had a double in the student house I just moved out of, which was pretty dumb as it was the box room and the bed took up over half of the entire floor space. I was told before moving in that the room would have a single, and I know the girl who has the room next year has specifically requested a single. I don't really miss the double now I'm back home, it only feels weird because the mattress was so much more comfortable than my own.
Reply 59
A single bed, my room is actually a double bed sized room, you can tell because it is quite large and has plug sockets convenient for a double bed i.e. two plugs sockets spaced along the wall for bedside tables. A double bed would be nice but unnecessary since double beds are meant for two people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending