The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme (GMTS) 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Macauley97
Hey, I am new to the group and was hoping someone would know the answer to a question I have. I have completed one of the tests, if my status is 'on hold' does that mean that I have failed? thanks

More than likely yes
Hey, I am new to the group and was hoping someone would know the answer to a question I have. I have completed one of the tests, if my status is 'on hold' does that mean that I have failed? thanks

No. If you managed to complete the critical reasoning test then that means your application is being reviewed.
Reply 182

Mine did exactly the same, and I've just done the video interview over the last few days. So ignore anyone saying it means you've failed. Just stay patient! I actually saw in an email that after all tests it's possible to go on hold for 48 hours, but this only includes working days, so you may be on hold until say Monday! Good luck!
Has anyone else heard back about the video interview? I just have a tick next to the Video Interview section
Reply 184
Original post by rleah1998
Has anyone else heard back about the video interview? I just have a tick next to the Video Interview section

Unfortunately not. I'm in the same position as you. It says on the email it could be January, but I've seen others say you'll know after 14 days. It's anyone's guess.

When did you do yours? And how do you think it went?
Reply 185

Hi I did my video interview a week ago and haven’t heard anything yet. People have said it took around 2 weeks for them
Original post by HR2326
Unfortunately not. I'm in the same position as you. It says on the email it could be January, but I've seen others say you'll know after 14 days. It's anyone's guess.

When did you do yours? And how do you think it went?

I did mine 6 days ago and I think it went a lot worse than other video interviews I've done before. I could answer the questions but felt like I was repeating myself or waffling on a bit lol. But I didn't completely mess it up so it's not so bad. What about you?
Reply 187
I did mine 6 days ago and I think it went a lot worse than other video interviews I've done before. I could answer the questions but felt like I was repeating myself or waffling on a bit lol. But I didn't completely mess it up so it's not so bad. What about you?

It was my first, but I thought it went okay. I didn't actually know we would get planning time before recording a response, so that was a welcome surprise! I was a bit nervous so it just feels a bit of a blur now😂
Just did the SJT for DHSC and now onto the 500 word personal statement! I really do wish that they told you whether you passed or failed the SJT before making you submit the PS.

Depends on which test you have completed....if its critical reasoning you may still have a chance

I'm sure you did fine...good luck!
Original post by HR2326
It was my first, but I thought it went okay. I didn't actually know we would get planning time before recording a response, so that was a welcome surprise! I was a bit nervous so it just feels a bit of a blur now

I'm sure you did really well.
Best of luck!
Original post by connorfrench96
Just did the SJT for DHSC and now onto the 500 word personal statement! I really do wish that they told you whether you passed or failed the SJT before making you submit the PS.

I hope you're successful in this application!
The process seems very difficult for DHSC
Has anyone had their AC? If so, what can I expect from the day? I do not expect you to tell me specific tasks :smile:
Original post by MrMusician95
Has anyone had their AC? If so, what can I expect from the day? I do not expect you to tell me specific tasks :smile:

I would read previous grad scheme threads if I were you.
Original post by MrMusician95

I had one in March which was half a day. There was no interview but three exercises two of which were very typical assessment centre type.

I would say the key thing is time so just be switched on from the start and make use of all information given. Even if one activity doesn't go well focus on the next.

Apologies won't be more specific than that as briefing on the day will be given and when you get that you will understand why you couldn't have prepared beforehand.

Make sure to apply NHS values and leadership model and read them prior to attending.

Good luck
Reply 196
It's been 11 days, and i still haven't had any update on regards to an assessment day. Has anyone else had to wait this long?
Original post by At997
It's been 11 days, and i still haven't had any update on regards to an assessment day. Has anyone else had to wait this long?

Did you apply for March intake? If you did they said we won't hear back until the week beginning the 9th of December.
Hey guys,Has anyone applied to the general management scheme for March 2020 and been invited to the assessment centre on 19/11/19?
Original post by At997

I completed mine on the 1st Nov, so it's been 2 weeks now. I'll let you know if I get any updates :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending