The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isabelpayne200
Act 1 scene 5 where lady macbeth says our damned spot and perfumes of Arabia. I took a quote (our damned spot) from extract and put it in essay and said how lady macbeth progresses from having said “a little water clears us of this feed” but didn’t actually go in depth or use any other quotes from it or do a paragraph on it😖

what did u get in english
Original post by Jsjsgga09

Haven’t got grade back
Haven’t got grade back

why

btw it was act 5 scene 1
why

Because we only done it in class on the Friday just gone
Because we only done it in class on the Friday just gone

what year u in
what year u in

Year 11
Year 11

ayt, so this question that u sent it was the last year gcse exam question??
ayt, so this question that u sent it was the last year gcse exam question??

For GCSEs this year the Macbeth one was something like To what extent is Macbeth presented as a violent character, and I think the extract was the one at the beginning of him in battle. I can’t remember exact one for Jekyll and Hyde but it was about Hyde.
Original post by studentdoing
For GCSEs this year the Macbeth one was something like To what extent is Macbeth presented as a violent character, and I think the extract was the one at the beginning of him in battle. I can’t remember exact one for Jekyll and Hyde but it was about Hyde.

thx
Reply 30
Hi I'm taking OCR Music do you have any tips for revision etc.
Original post by alexeii
Hi I'm taking OCR Music do you have any tips for revision etc.

Not gonna lie, I just mainly focused on the coursework instead of revision for gcse music. I just tried really hard for my performances and compositions, so when it got to the listening exam I didn’t have to stress too much. I ended up revising on the day of the exam, because the night before I was just focusing on revising for a different subject. Honestly, the music exam was the most chill exam I’ve ever done, it’s so fun just listening to the music.

For my advice though, I’d just make sure that you know the key instruments and musical features for each all of the different periods and genres of music we study. This helps so much.

Also, when you’re writing about the music, especially in the 9 mark question, just write about EVERYTHING. You will literally get marks just for saying if the piece is major or minor. Always state the obvious!!

Another good thing to know are the intervals. Link different intervals with different songs so that you can easily recognise them, e.g:
- Perfect 5th = twinkle twinkle little star
- Perfect 4th = here comes the bride
etc...

But yeah! If possible, aim to get 28/30 or higher in your performances and compositions, because then it will take an immense amount of stress off of the music exam and it means that you can focus a lot more on your other subjects. There were questions in the music exam I didn’t understand and lots I had to guess, but it all balanced out in the end as I tried hard on the coursework. Just have fun with it as it’s a creative subject, and good luck in your exam :smile:
Is it possible to change from BTEC music to GCSE music (AQA or OCR) at school? My son's school just offers BTEC music. I know now is a bit late (year 10), but he realized that he wants academic music more, as he already got ABRSM grade 5 theory and grade 8 violin certificates.

Latest

Trending

Trending