hey paul.are you paul youdell? :P

Check his profile.
Reply 381
henrykravis
hey paul.are you paul youdell? :P

Yes. Why?
alex_hk90
Check his profile.

lol, I did not expect a real name in the profile! He is as helpful in his seminar classes as he is in studentroom! (in his math econ seminar :P)
Paulwhy
Yes. Why?

when are we getting our math econ marks? ( just kidding :P)
Doesn't this table mean if Greenwich University theoretically raised their entrance requirements to AAAa they would be near the top of this table?
Reply 385
ndkathleen
Doesn't this table mean if Greenwich University theoretically raised their entrance requirements to AAAa they would be near the top of this table?

No. If that were to happen I would probably give up this economics analysis business and so there would be no TAELT for Greenwich to be near the top of.:biggrin:
Reply 386
Paulwhy
No. If that were to happen I would probably give up this economics analysis business and so there would be no TAELT for Greenwich to be near the top of.:biggrin:

Im sure by then we would have introduced some new form of testing for 16-19 year olds

Also Paul, on your TAELT, Surrey is going to ABB (according to their prospectus for 2010), I think you had a bit of a typo and have written AAB.
But as you said after, the average UCAS tariff is 280, so I think BBB is much more likely but will probably ask for ABB as everyone seems to be increasing their requirements this year.

But thanks for all the good work! A brilliant resource for all prospective economists!
Reply 387
fixed the Surrey typo. Rather than AAB/BBB it now (correctly!) shows ABB/BBB:
35) Surrey X (c) uni website ABB/BBB E**p but BBB on UCAS Course Search 286 average tariff suggests BBB more like it.
Paulwhy

haha :smile:

I emailed a few universities asking about their entrance requirements for Economics BA/BSc. This may be helpful for your table.

Nottingham said: "you would need to be aware that entry is extremely competitive and each year we have to reject hundreds of applicants who are predicted to achieve AAA at A level." - You gave them AAA/AABB

Not sure if it can help :P This came from the Undergraduate Admissions Officer.
Reply 389
ndkathleen
haha :smile:

I emailed a few universities asking about their entrance requirements for Economics BA/BSc. This may be helpful for your table.

Nottingham said: "you would need to be aware that entry is extremely competitive and each year we have to reject hundreds of applicants who are predicted to achieve AAA at A level." - You gave them AAA/AABB

Not sure if it can help :P This came from the Undergraduate Admissions Officer.

Notts still have the 4 A-level AABB offer:

3 'A' levels at AAA grades (or AABB if taking 4 subjects). Not including General Studies.
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/economics/ps/undergraduate/ug_prospectus.html

Updated TAELT to give links to both their webpage and their admissions guide. (which both give AAA/AABB)
7) Nottingham AAA/AABB M**p E**p 453 40% Student excess in 2008 So look for 7 or 8 GCSE A*s. Summary stats
Reply 390
Added a 4th Section:
Courses regularly in Clearing and Extra
All these Unis (except Ulster and Strathcylde) were in:
i)clearing in both 2007 and 2008
and
ii)Extra in 2009

Strathclyde was in clearing in 2007 and is in Extra in 2009. Ulster was in clearing in 2007.
Reply 391
Added in documentation of the (c) flag
Why are some universities followed by (C) or (Cc) or (c)?
(C) means that the uni was in clearing for straight economics in 2008 for UK/EU students
(c) means that the uni was in clearing for economics (straight or variant) in 2007 for UK/EU students
(Cc) means that the uni was in clearing for straight economics in 2008 and for economics in 2007 for UK/EU students
Paulwhy

Paul do you know why Bristols offer is going down to AAB?:confused:
Reply 393
NesQuiK.
Paul do you know why Bristols offer is going down to AAB?

What makes you think the offer is going down to AAB?
Reply 394
There are 3 movements and the sources (UCAS Coursee Search 2009 and the uni websites) claim they are for 2009.

UWE gone from 200-260 to 240-300:
45) UWE Bristol X (Cc) 240-300 242 (Times 57th,Independent 58th,Guardian 39th)

Portsmouth have gone from 240 (200) to BBC (which is 280 points)
46) Portsmouth X (Cc) BCC 240

Hertfordshire is now BCC instead of 240 (200)
48) Hertfordshire X (Cc) BCC m#c 228
Reply 395
will loughborough university increase in the ranks next year in the TAELT?
Reply 396
Added in documentation of m#c and M**A and M**B
What do the M**, M**A, M**B, M*,M*c M**p, M*p and m#c refer to?
Thirdly I have encoded the requirements for Maths and Economics as follows:
M** means A-level maths is mandatory
M**A means A-level maths grade A is mandatory
M**B means A-level maths grade B is mandatory
M* means AS-level maths is mandatory
M*c means AS-level maths grade c is mandatory
M**p means A-level maths is preferred
M*p means AS-level maths is preferred
m#c means that GCSE Maths grade c is mandatory

BOBbee
will loughborough university increase in the ranks next year in the TAELT?

Do you think it should?
Reply 397
well, im not sure, but i think its got a real good department and its grades are now AAB, so if it its AAB will it go up to an AAb group?
Reply 398
BOBbee
well, im not sure, but i think its got a real good department and its grades are now AAB, so if it its AAB will it go up to an AAb group?

As far as I know Loughborough is still ABB:

23) Loughborough 320 (200) (2010 ABB/AAC/ABab/AAbc m#c) 374

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/prospectus/ug//dept/ec/e/index.htm
Reply 399
when i went to open day in the presentation they were going on about how next year it is AAB and this is the last year of ABB

Latest

Trending

Trending