The Student Room Group

[Official] St Catharine's Cambridge Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Greneveckyte
Oh well done! I’m sure you’ll do great

Thankss, and you! Hope I get to meet you in October :smile:))
Original post by juliarhinton
I got an offer for mml today! Well done on your offer 😀

ooh, congrats! which languages are you interested in studying?

and it’s so lovely to meet another Catz person! I’m curious, what was it that drew you to the college? personally it was that the atmosphere seemed so much calmer and more down to earth than some of the other colleges, so it felt more like what I’m used to, but it’s interesting to hear why other people picked it too! ☺️
I'll be honest, I started by looking at the colleges which were good for Geography. I visited Pembroke, Trinity Hall and Peterhouse alongside Catz. On an open day there, I just spammed the fellows and current students with questions lol. After touring the college, talking with Dr Ivan Scales about the geography course and doing some more research online, everything just brought me to decide that it was the college for me :')

I mainly liked Catz the most for the same reason; I prefer the idea of smaller, more intimate colleges where there are lots of familiar faces. Also, I like the idea of being in central Cambridge.

(Original post by freyastudies)

and it’s so lovely to meet another Catz person! I’m curious, what was it that drew you to the college? personally it was that the atmosphere seemed so much calmer and more down to earth than some of the other colleges, so it felt more like what I’m used to, but it’s interesting to hear why other people picked it too! ☺️
Original post by Greneveckyte
Oh well done! I’m sure you’ll do great

Original post by freyastudies
i got an offer for Classics (4 years) at about midday! i’m so excited! anyone else hear back yet, aside from those who’ve already responded? any other classics applicants? :smile:

Hi! I’ve got an offer for 4yr Classics at Catz too!
Anybody received an offer for geography or other humanities subjects?
Congrats on your offer! I want to study french and Spanish at catz. I picked it for similar reasons as it seemed so friendly, not too big and just very chilled. I also know a couple of people who have been and loved it so I thought that was a good sign. And I agree it’s great to meet another catz person! Are you stressed now that a levels are cancelled?
Original post by freyastudies

Congrats on your offer! I’m hoping to study french and Spanish both post A-level. I picked catz for similar reasons, it seemed so friendly, not too big and more chilled than other colleges. I liked that it was central that was a big perk for me. I agree it’s great to meet another catz person! Hopefully we’ll see each other in October. Are you feeling worried/stressed about grades now that A levels are cancelled??
Original post by TashHounslow
Hi everyone,

I noticed that some of the other colleges have threads so I decided to make one for St Catharine's! What are you applying for? :smile:

I'm applying for Medicine.

i applied for theology!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending