The Student Room Group

Choosing A levels

As I'm in year 11 I've started looking at sixth forms (not staying where I am) and I as my dad heard two options, just me saying about going to open days with one college being "2 hours away" (maybe an hour and a half at a stretch) he didn't give me a choice because he would never let me go to a school so far away, doesn't matter that it's one of 10 best colleges in England apparently and that I likely wouldn't get in anyway, of course I'm not even allowed to think of going to an open day there if there's a school 5 minutes away by car. Anyway my problem is that as I now apparently have no choice but go there unless they don't accept me in, I can only do 3 A levels. If I could do four I'd be okay because then I could do English (Lit and Lan joined), Art, Psychology and Criminology. I want to go on into likely studying Forensic Psychology/Psychology and Criminology so choosing these two as a levels could be helpful but in reality I really want to do both English and Art as I love them and I know that they may help me in the future if I go onto a different path like Art Therapy or something and I know I won't get anothet chance to do them. Do you think I'll be okay not choosing Criminology for my A levels and still be able to get into my desired university course?
You would be okay for sure. English, Art and Psychology would leave your options more open than if you were to replace English or Art with Crimonology. So long as you keep up your interest in criminology and are able to write about it in a personal statement, you’re good

Quick Reply

Latest