The Student Room Group

Should I do A level econ?

I’m almost certain I am going to choose alevel math and geography, but I’m not sure on econ yet. I suck at graphs and percentages, so so so bad, and that is definitely going to be a problem. But I’m going to choose a level math anyway, so should I just choose econ? A level maths has stats, so I feel like that will make the graphs and stuff in econ easier? Is the math content in economics hard (obviously this varies from person to person but just generally)?
A level econ is an essay based subject, it hardly has any maths. You do have to do some graphs but they are not that hard. And this is coming from someone who doesn't even have A level maths!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I’m almost certain I am going to choose alevel math and geography, but I’m not sure on econ yet. I suck at graphs and percentages, so so so bad, and that is definitely going to be a problem. But I’m going to choose a level math anyway, so should I just choose econ? A level maths has stats, so I feel like that will make the graphs and stuff in econ easier? Is the math content in economics hard (obviously this varies from person to person but just generally)?

I did economics for AS-level (and I hated it due to having to write essays haha but learning it was a bit fun) but person above is right, there's hardly any maths. You just have to memorise a few formulae for economics and that will help you understand quite a lot so the maths content isn't that hard. If you did GCSE maths, then you won't have any issues with the maths side of economics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending