The Student Room Group

Is Level 7 Apprenticeship in Accountancy and Taxation worth it?

This Apprenticeship scheme takes 5 years and at the end you are a level 7 apprentice which is the equivalent of a masters degree. So is this program actually worth it? Ive been looking into working with EY (Ernst and Young) on their Audit program or even KPMG. Will employers discard me when looking for a job because I have an apprenticeship rather than a degree even though this is equivalent to a masters?
I think it sounds like a good idea, especially with reputable relevant companies. There's a chance that the company who takes you through may even decide to employ you.

If you think you could learn through an apprenticeship it's definitely worth looking into
Original post by SJC13044
This Apprenticeship scheme takes 5 years and at the end you are a level 7 apprentice which is the equivalent of a masters degree. So is this program actually worth it? Ive been looking into working with EY (Ernst and Young) on their Audit program or even KPMG. Will employers discard me when looking for a job because I have an apprenticeship rather than a degree even though this is equivalent to a masters?

Hi there,

Level 7 apprenticeships are very hard to come by and incredibly competitive. Not only will you be working towards your masters degree but you will be gaining 5 years of paid experience alongside and will actually give you the skills employers are looking for.

You will not have an apprenticeship as opposed to a degree it is the exact same qualification as what you would get if you did your masters at university. The differences are:

- It will take longer
- It will be funded by the employer
- You'll be paid a training wage
- You will be working on the job whilst doing your masters

The chances of you being offered full time permanent employment upon completion of a level 7 apprenticeship is very high. An employer will not want to fund you through a masters degree and spend 5 years training you to then let you go.

The apprenticeships training route into careers such as the one you are thinking of is fast becoming a real and valued alternative to university and one that should be considered.

Thanks - Sophie.
I’m applying and it wants grades but I havnt done my exams as I’ll get my grade in the summer but it doesn’t give me option to say there my predicted grade just the actual grade I got. What do I do ??
Original post by Sweetiepie101
I’m applying and it wants grades but I havnt done my exams as I’ll get my grade in the summer but it doesn’t give me option to say there my predicted grade just the actual grade I got. What do I do ??

Hi there,

Can I ask if you are applying through the company direct through their website or through gov.uk?

Are you able to write predicted next to the grade when you type it in? If not is there a section on the application that allows you to write an additional comments?

Thanks - Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending