The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU meet or beat scholarship - no payments received

I met the criteria for the Meet or Beat scholarship, however after submitting my form I have yet to receive any information as to when I will be getting my payments. I know I was meant to get one in October, however I haven't seen anything to into my bank account yet . Please can someone help?
Original post by Tubuxis
I met the criteria for the Meet or Beat scholarship, however after submitting my form I have yet to receive any information as to when I will be getting my payments. I know I was meant to get one in October, however I haven't seen anything to into my bank account yet . Please can someone help?

How is the scholarship paid?

The £850 will be paid into your bank account in three instalments during the first year of study.
The first instalment will be paid the month after BCU has received your first tuition fee payment via Student Finance England.
Upon enrolling at BCU for the relevant academic year, details of how you can access the £150 credit to spend in an online shop will be communicated to you.
If you are in debt to the University for your fees, the scholarship will not be paid in cash but instead it will be credited to your student account in three instalments.
You will have to have provided BCU with accurate bank account details in order to receive the scholarship.

If you have met the criteria then contact the scholarship department or finance. Ask the switchboard who deals with it.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Do you get £150 extra with the meet or beat scholarship? Or do you get the £150 at the start of the year like everyone else on the John smith store and that’s it?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Tubuxis

Can you also help me out on how to apply. Like on paper or online cuz I looked everywhere and I didn't see anything about applying. Do you enter the draw automatically if you are eligible?
Original post by ema x
Can you also help me out on how to apply. Like on paper or online cuz I looked everywhere and I didn't see anything about applying. Do you enter the draw automatically if you are eligible?

There is no application, the university will select people who are eligible and then they will email you when you start your course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending