The Student Room Group

How did you get over rejections

Following an interview. I feel very down and don’t think I will get a new job.
Original post by harrybrown101
Following an interview. I feel very down and don’t think I will get a new job.

Hi @harrybrown101,

I'm sorry to hear that. I understand that receiving rejections from interviews you have been anticipating can be disheartening, but please keep in mind that it is a very common occurrence for everyone during their job scoping process.

If you can, I would suggest that you reach back out to the interviewer or employer and seek out for some feedback for improvement. This will help you improve on areas you need to, constructive criticism can help you excel in future interviews. If they highlighted a specific skill gap or area of improvement, maybe you can consider picking up online courses, additional training, qualifications or watching videos online to polish up that skill. Additionally, Practicing mock interviews with a friend or colleague can help loads! Maybe they'll make a helpful observation that could help you in your interview.

To end off, please remember to take care of your wellbeing. This single rejection is not a reflection of your self-worth, it's an opportunity to learn and grow. Your worth is not based on a single job rejection. I hope that this rejection doesn't deter you from your search. I trust that you will find the perfect job that meets your needs and lifestyle. What is meant for you, will come to you!

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 2
The thing to do is put it in context. It just means that on this occasion one of the other candidates somehow ticked more boxes, not that your performance was poor. A recruiter told me that on average you attend 7 interviews before landing a job you want. I’ve taken heart from always beating this average.
Original post by Zarek
The thing to do is put it in context. It just means that on this occasion one of the other candidates somehow ticked more boxes, not that your performance was poor. A recruiter told me that on average you attend 7 interviews before landing a job you want. I’ve taken heart from always beating this average.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending