The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

bcu up-grade scholarship

on the email with the details about my offer it states the scholarship will be eligible to anyone exceeding entry requirements but on the link it states u need over 144 ucas points and its reffered to as an accelerate scholarship instead? i know in previous years you've only had to get higher than your offer so has it been changed recently because i'm pretty sure when i got the email it stated u only had to get a grade higher
Original post by huhleema
on the email with the details about my offer it states the scholarship will be eligible to anyone exceeding entry requirements but on the link it states u need over 144 ucas points and its reffered to as an accelerate scholarship instead? i know in previous years you've only had to get higher than your offer so has it been changed recently because i'm pretty sure when i got the email it stated u only had to get a grade higher

The previous "Up-Grade undergraduate scholarship" has apparently been replaced by the new "High Achiever Scholarship".

You can still see the terms of the Up-Grade scholarship here, on an archived copy of the BCU web site. It clearly says that the requirement was to "secure results in the qualifications you are studying that exceed our published entry requirements".

It seems likely that this scholarship was getting too expensive, so they've replaced it with the new High Achiever scholarship for which the requirement is 144 UCAS points. What they should have done is leave the Up-Grade web page up, but with a message saying "This scholarship is no longer available for new applicants, see details of our new High Achiever scholarship here". Instead they skipped that, and anyone hitting the Up-Grade web page is automatically redirected to the High Achiever page.

I would expect them to honour the Up-Grade scholarship which was in place when you applied. Do check all the conditions, including that you must have applied by 30 June 2023 and that you must be studying your level 3 qualifications "in the 2022/23 academic year for which they are due to receive results in the summer of 2023." If you meet those (and all the other) conditions, then you should still receive the scholarship.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by huhleema

Hi @huhleema,

Sorry for any confusion! The Up-Grade webpage is now online again if you'd like to take a look: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/finance/financial-support/upgrade If you've applied for 2023 entry onto one of our courses then we will still be honouring the Up-Grade scholarship if you meet all eligibility requirements.

Hope that helps,
Abbie :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @huhleema,

Sorry for any confusion! The Up-Grade webpage is now online again if you'd like to take a look: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/finance/financial-support/upgrade If you've applied for 2023 entry onto one of our courses then we will still be honouring the Up-Grade scholarship.

Hope that helps,
Abbie :smile:

Top marks to BCU for having fixed this so quickly. (Did you have a hand in that?)
Original post by DataVenia
Top marks to BCU for having fixed this so quickly. (Did you have a hand in that?)

Thanks! Thought it was important to flag that the information was still needed by this year's applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending