The Student Room Group

Is November too late for starting AS Chemistry?

Hello. As the title suggests.
So basically, I started my A Levels in September. I'll give CIE exams and since they still allow modular system, I'll give my AS exams in May/June 2020.
I am struggling a lot with Chemistry. I was unsure about how should I prepare and only getting Cs or Ds in my class tests. The endorsed book is too detailed and sometimes confusing. So, the advice that I get the most is that I should make notes.
However, considering that I have wasted 2 months already, and it's November, do you think it's too late to start making notes? Won't it waste more time?
Should I instead study from the endorsed revision guide, since it's much condensed?
Original post by Knightrises10
Hello. As the title suggests.
So basically, I started my A Levels in September. I'll give CIE exams and since they still allow modular system, I'll give my AS exams in May/June 2020.
I am struggling a lot with Chemistry. I was unsure about how should I prepare and only getting Cs or Ds in my class tests. The endorsed book is too detailed and sometimes confusing. So, the advice that I get the most is that I should make notes.
However, considering that I have wasted 2 months already, and it's November, do you think it's too late to start making notes? Won't it waste more time?
Should I instead study from the endorsed revision guide, since it's much condensed?

I'd try to catch up fast because you don't want to fall back on the content you're learning currently in class. Revision is different for everyone but for a levels in general, knowing content is generally part of it but you need to be able to apply your knowledge to exam questions to really get good marks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest