The Student Room Group

MArch Master of Architecture Courses starting in January 2024?

Is anyone aware of any Architecture Masters (RIBA Part 2) courses at UK institutions starting in January 2024. I was meant to be starting in September 2023 at Dundee University I also had another offer at Ulster University, and I turned them both down due to my employer promising me that they'll get me on an Architect Level 7 Degree Apprenticeship which would allow me to progress my architectural qualifications whilst also getting paid. This turned out to be an empty promise as the employer kept delaying discussions to get this sorted and batted me off every time tried to bring it up, citing they were to busy or didn't have time to talk about it. I realized they would never actually do anything, they pretty much said anything they could, to keep me on because they knew i wanted to progress my qualifications to chartership, which i guess they thought meant i'd eventually leave. The atmosphere in that workplace in general isn't that great at all.

To cut a long story short, even though i can no longer take up my offer to start for September 2023 entry, i wondered if i could save myself a whole year and go for a course that starts in January 2024. I know Coventry does it for Architecture MArch (Part 2) but any other institutions? Any options or guidance would be massively appreciated.
It’s not too late for most MArch courses. Late application/entry is usually possible.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It’s not too late for most MArch courses. Late application/entry is usually possible.

Thanks. How late would they allow for, end of October? Start of November? As I'd probably need to give my employer one months notice.
Original post by archer97
Is anyone aware of any Architecture Masters (RIBA Part 2) courses at UK institutions starting in January 2024. I was meant to be starting in September 2023 at Dundee University I also had another offer at Ulster University, and I turned them both down due to my employer promising me that they'll get me on an Architect Level 7 Degree Apprenticeship which would allow me to progress my architectural qualifications whilst also getting paid. This turned out to be an empty promise as the employer kept delaying discussions to get this sorted and batted me off every time tried to bring it up, citing they were to busy or didn't have time to talk about it. I realized they would never actually do anything, they pretty much said anything they could, to keep me on because they knew i wanted to progress my qualifications to chartership, which i guess they thought meant i'd eventually leave. The atmosphere in that workplace in general isn't that great at all.

To cut a long story short, even though i can no longer take up my offer to start for September 2023 entry, i wondered if i could save myself a whole year and go for a course that starts in January 2024. I know Coventry does it for Architecture MArch (Part 2) but any other institutions? Any options or guidance would be massively appreciated.

Hello,

You can find out more about Architecture MArch at Coventry University over here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-structure/pg/fah/architecture-march/. I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,
Roshan
Coventry University Student Ambassadors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending