The Student Room Group

A-level choices

Hi guys, I’m thinking about taking dance a-level, I’m at a high standard in ballet but I don’t have much experience in other areas of dance! I’m thinking that it might be too difficult for me because although I am flexible, I can get into the splits for example but I can’t hold it long. Do u think the a level would be too hard for me?
As long as you meet the entry requirements, the A-Level course should be sufficient for people of all abilities. Everything you need gets taught from the start, of course existing knowledge/skills is helpful however it is not required.
Reply 2
i wouldn’t worry too much about how hard it would be, i would be concerned with how much you enjoy it!

history is such a tough a level but my love for it drives me through.

also, consider what you’ll do with the a level, i took graphics as i loved it and i enjoy those lessons wholeheartedly but it doesn’t work in my favour for my oxbridge application!

consider it holistically, but if you like dance go for it. you sound like you have the capacity to be good at it too!

(plus, if it’s too much for you you’re typically given a 2 week period to change course in most colleges)

Quick Reply

Latest