The Student Room Group

Doing bad in biology, but good in chem?? HELP!!

Hello, I am in year 12 and studying chem, bio and art. I am doing well in chemistry- revising for my tests using flashcards (used chemrevise) and learning them off by heart. For amount of substance, im doing past paper questions and also doing really well.
I am doing this technique for biology and its not working. I will make my flashcards off the AQA A-level oxford textbook, learn them, test myself on them using questions on the back, and only getting 50% (one test i got a D) and I revised!!!
I don't know if I should change my revision technique for biology, or if its my first tests and im not doing well so stressing. I also don't know if theres too much info on my flashcards as im making my notes from the textbook.
I know the markscheme is specific, but how would I incorparate that into my flashcards?
Flashcards are also v inconvenient, as theres sooooo many w so much info, and takes up so much time.
I would like some advice, as feel im putting in the same amount of work for chem and bio, and not seeing any results in biology.
Original post by pupplepopp
Hello, I am in year 12 and studying chem, bio and art. I am doing well in chemistry- revising for my tests using flashcards (used chemrevise) and learning them off by heart. For amount of substance, im doing past paper questions and also doing really well.
I am doing this technique for biology and its not working. I will make my flashcards off the AQA A-level oxford textbook, learn them, test myself on them using questions on the back, and only getting 50% (one test i got a D) and I revised!!!
I don't know if I should change my revision technique for biology, or if its my first tests and im not doing well so stressing. I also don't know if theres too much info on my flashcards as im making my notes from the textbook.
I know the markscheme is specific, but how would I incorparate that into my flashcards?
Flashcards are also v inconvenient, as theres sooooo many w so much info, and takes up so much time.
I would like some advice, as feel im putting in the same amount of work for chem and bio, and not seeing any results in biology.

It literally hasn’t even been the first term yet you need practice everyone starts off like this way. Stop panicking
Reply 2
Original post by Biologyforsnab
It literally hasn’t even been the first term yet you need practice everyone starts off like this way. Stop panicking

yeah but i dont want to carry on spending hours making my flashcards if its not working out for me. Ik its the first terms, but everyone else seems to be doing well and in chemistry im doing well.
Reply 3
Original post by pupplepopp

Hey,
A way i got past a similar problem to yours is firstly by using revision card apps.
They randomly generate the questions from the ones entered and after answering you can rate how well you understand. Then they ask you the ones you know less more frequently
The markscheme is very specific, but just make sure all the key words you need to remember are highlighted, in bold or in capital letters to help you remember them
Reply 4
Original post by TooniA
Hey,
A way i got past a similar problem to yours is firstly by using revision card apps.
They randomly generate the questions from the ones entered and after answering you can rate how well you understand. Then they ask you the ones you know less more frequently
The markscheme is very specific, but just make sure all the key words you need to remember are highlighted, in bold or in capital letters to help you remember them

Yes I was thinking of using quizlet
But how do you know the specific markscheme vocab? Is there like a good website or do you have to go and find it yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest