The Student Room Group

MSc Computer Science: Imperial or Oxford?

Scroll to see replies

whitelighter
Je voudrais etudier a Londres. :yep: et je suis content. :p:

:wink: a very good decision. :yep:
Reply 61
solo2wolf
:wink: a very good decision. :yep:

haha, i sure hope so. just kidding, i know i will enjoy it. :wink: thank you to all those who have aggressively commented on this thread, (not particularly referring to someone) ehem ehem, haha. :p:
Reply 62
whitelighter
haha, i sure hope so. just kidding, i know i will enjoy it. :wink: thank you to all those who have aggressively commented on this thread, (not particularly referring to someone) ehem ehem, haha. :p:

Are you happy with the decision you made? I will probably have the same decision coming up, but it's tough for me because in London I can live at home and save maybe £10K by not needing to pay for accommodation and food... On the other hand, I've lived in London for nearly 15 years and it would be nice to get out.
Reply 63
dw77
Are you happy with the decision you made? I will probably have the same decision coming up, but it's tough for me because in London I can live at home and save maybe £10K by not needing to pay for accommodation and food... On the other hand, I've lived in London for nearly 15 years and it would be nice to get out.

i didn't know this thread was still alive! haha.
it's been about 5 months now and I could say i'm enjoying my studies at Imperial as well as living in London. Courses this term are much harder than the last but i'm definitely learning a lot. It has been easy as well to make friends with lots of people.
However, i'm thinking that Oxford might be better for you. the difference is that you've been living in London and it might be boring to stay here longer. it wasn't an issue for me before because i come from far away, haha.
my point is that for it's reputation, i'm sure oxford will give you great education as well. even if you'd have to pay more for not living at home, the experience of going elsewhere and living independently is more important and fun! :biggrin: and in case you get homesick, london's just an hour away. :wink:
Reply 64
whitelighter
my point is that for it's reputation, i'm sure oxford will give you great education as well. even if you'd have to pay more for not living at home, the experience of going elsewhere and living independently is more important and fun! :biggrin: and in case you get homesick, london's just an hour away. :wink:

I lived away from home during my degree (though still in London), and indeed the independence is great, but I have no constraints living at home in any way. Naturally I'd prefer to live with friends, but having to probably get a career development loan from a bank to do it (i.e. to go to Oxford) makes it pretty undesirable. If I do indeed get an offer it's going to be a tough decision...
I'm going to necro this 7 year old thread as I have exactly the same question and want to know if anything has changed since.

It seems the majority of people in this thread were geared towards Imperial -> Oxford for MSc CS. Interested in your thoughts on the current climate :smile: .
I agree. And the Chinese kids, I have to add, are not friendly and hard to deal with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending