The Student Room Group

I had my first nursing interview today and it went awful :(

Scroll to see replies

UPDATE: had my second interview today and it went a lot better. Feeling a lot more optimistic now :smile:
Now you have some experience to reflect back upon for your next interviews! Yes it's annoying this was your first choice interview but just focus on the next ones now and get something positive out of the experience:smile: you might just be in for surprise and still get an offer.
Original post by madison1996
I have my first interview next week and I already feel so nervous ugh, I always let my nerves get the better of me :frown: at least you have a better idea for the next interviews that’s the way you have to look at it

Me too. Keep going over all the notes and hoping my brain doesn't decide to go on strike ! 😳
Original post by Katepinky
Me too. Keep going over all the notes and hoping my brain doesn't decide to go on strike ! 😳

I have my first one tomorrow! Trying not to panic too much as its my first choice
I have my first one tomorrow! Trying not to panic too much as its my first choice

let me know how it goes!
Original post by milliewolf
let me know how it goes!

It has been rescheduled for tomorrow so a little more time to prepare!

Good luck with your interview ok
Try not to go into it being nervous ok, if you feel nervous then try to take deep breathes in and out slowly prior to going in as it helps x
Original post by Tracey1995
Good luck with your interview ok
Try not to go into it being nervous ok, if you feel nervous then try to take deep breathes in and out slowly prior to going in as it helps x

Thank you so much! It’s a Skype interview so at least I’m in the comfort of my own home so that will definitely help
Thank you so much! It’s a Skype interview so at least I’m in the comfort of my own home so that will definitely help

Hi

You welcome
Change days in doing the interviews and at least you don't have to travel to it which is a good thing to.
Yes doing that way will definitely will help you
Hope it went well with for you xx
Original post by Audrey18
the feedback i received was that scottish, Irish and welsh nurses are much more involved than the English nurses. any reason why this is the case or is it just poppycock?

I agree with Audrey - to an extent. You do need a degree to become registered as a nurse. That is a fact. However there are more than one way to get that degree. At Whatuni we have advice on different routes in to nursing including Nursing Associate training. Or there are degree apprenticships. There is even a way to get you undergrad course in a related field and then do a postgrad course after.

one bad interview doesn't end the rest of your dream. Perhaps see if you can contact the university to get feedback on why it didn't go well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending