The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Why Plymouth University?

I'm applying for Dentistry at Plymouth and my interviews in a few weeks. However the website doesn't really indicate as to why one should really apply there apart from being near the coast (which is why I applied there-simply for a different scenery but I can't exactly say that).

Is there any other reason as to why one would choose the University of Plymouth? Is there any insider information I can get from anyone that is at plymouth right now? Any unique featuyres of the uni you could tell me about? I live 6 hours away from it so open days were a nono :frown:

thanks!
Original post by AlwaysBroke.
I'm applying for Dentistry at Plymouth and my interviews in a few weeks. However the website doesn't really indicate as to why one should really apply there apart from being near the coast (which is why I applied there-simply for a different scenery but I can't exactly say that).

Is there any other reason as to why one would choose the University of Plymouth? Is there any insider information I can get from anyone that is at plymouth right now? Any unique featuyres of the uni you could tell me about? I live 6 hours away from it so open days were a nono :frown:

thanks!

Hi @AlwaysBroke.

It's so great to hear that you've got an interview to study Dentistry here! Congratulations!:danceboy:

I think there are lots of great reasons to study here. We're in the top 10 UK Young Universities for 2019 and have a Teaching Excellence Framework Silver award. We're also number 1 for clinical medical research output (REF 2014). If you want to refer to some of these awards in your interview, you could have a little look at our facts and figures page for anything you might like to talk about. It's a great idea, as you really show your interest. https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/about-us/facts-and-figures

In terms of the city, we're a city-centre campus, so everything is really convenient. We're also surrounded by great beaches and moorland. Plymouth was also recently named the most friendly city! If you want more to talk about, and more of an insiders's point of view, then perhaps have a browse of our students' blogs for ideas. They have loads of great reasons for studying in Plymouth. http://www.mylifewithplym.com/

It really is such a great place to live.

Best of luck in your interview! :smile:

~ Catherine, University of Plymouth
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by University of Plymouth
Hi @AlwaysBroke.

It's so great to hear that you've got an interview to study Dentistry here! Congratulations!:danceboy:

I think there are lots of great reasons to study here. We're in the top 10 UK Young Universities for 2019 and have a Teaching Excellence Framework Silver award. We're also number 1 for clinical medical research output (REF 2014). If you want to refer to some of these awards in your interview, you could have a little look at our facts and figures page for anything you might like to talk about. It's a great idea, as you really show your interest. https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/about-us/facts-and-figures

In terms of the city, we're a city-centre campus, so everything is really convenient. We're also surrounded by great beaches and moorland. Plymouth was also recently named the most friendly city! If you want more to talk about, and more of an insiders's point of view, then perhaps have a browse of our students' blogs for ideas. They have loads of great reasons for studying in Plymouth. http://www.mylifewithplym.com/

It really is such a great place to live.

Best of luck in your interview! :smile:

Hello!

Thank you for the reply!

I have an interview coming up soon for dentistry and one of the requirements is to bring a criminal convictions form.
I dont have any criminal convictions.
There is a question on the PDF that says "do you have any convitctions[....]that are not "protected" and will not be filtered in line with current guidance?"
I'm not sure what this means. theres only a YES or NO box....again, as I have no convictions, do I even bring this in?
Original post by AlwaysBroke.
Hello!

Thank you for the reply!

I have an interview coming up soon for dentistry and one of the requirements is to bring a criminal convictions form.
I dont have any criminal convictions.
There is a question on the PDF that says "do you have any convitctions[....]that are not "protected" and will not be filtered in line with current guidance?"
I'm not sure what this means. theres only a YES or NO box....again, as I have no convictions, do I even bring this in?

Hi!

No problem. I can try to help with any questions you have :smile:

Okay, so, because of the nature of your course, you get checked to make sure you're a suitable candidate. Everything you need to know about the criminal convictions form, DBS form, etc, is in this document: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/uploads/production/document/path/15/15571/Selection_Admission_Technical_Manual_2019-20__FINAL_.pdf
To help you get through that document a bit quicker, to find the bits you need, whizz straight down to point 3.5.7 on page 15. You will also need Appendix 5 from the bottom of that document.

Best of luck!

Original post by University of Plymouth
Hi!

No problem. I can try to help with any questions you have :smile:

Okay, so, because of the nature of your course, you get checked to make sure you're a suitable candidate. Everything you need to know about the criminal convictions form, DBS form, etc, is in this document: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/uploads/production/document/path/15/15571/Selection_Admission_Technical_Manual_2019-20__FINAL_.pdf
To help you get through that document a bit quicker, to find the bits you need, whizz straight down to point 3.5.7 on page 15. You will also need Appendix 5 from the bottom of that document.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending