The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

15 hours.
Reply 2
I would like to know this aswell because at the moment I have a 4 hour cleaning job at the weekend but I am waiting to hear back about two other jobs which I would have to fit in at evenings and Sat mornings. Good thread OP :smile:
Reply 3
I find 15 hours is more than enough.
Reply 4
My work has an 8 hours per week minimum, but uni advises not to work more than 20ish hours per week or your studies may suffer. Essentially it's what you feel comfortable with, your degree should be the most important factor and if you feel it's affected cut down your hours.
I will probably be working around 15 hours per week when I move to Uni in September, give or take a few hours. Hopefully that will be doable.
Reply 6
about 10-15.
8-10 hours. Certainly no more than 12. Thats for me anyway :smile: but some of my friends have worked 15-17. Its what suits you OP & your work load
Reply 8
I struggle to fit in one 7.5hr shift into my week, but have not much choice as I'm expected to live on £1770 when my rent alone is £2730 (albeit bills included)
I know my university strongly discourages more than 16 hours. I think 10-12 is the comfortable level for most.
Reply 10
IlexAquifolium
I know my university strongly discourages more than 16 hours. I think 10-12 is the comfortable level for most.

is there any chance to get an engineering position or at least computer programming for 10h-12h / week?

I will start in October and i am interested in a part-time job (i guess that i will need 20 hours / week), but i found only full-time for engineering positions :frown: or computer programming.
traxhill

I will start in October and i am interested in a part-time job (i guess that i will need 20 hours / week), but i found only full-time for engineering positions :frown: or computer programming.

Are you sure you'll be able to cope with 20 hours per week?
it depends on what course you do and the amount of free time you get because of it.
Reply 13
I'd like to do 12ish hours... Depends on the pay and how much I like/hate it though!
Reply 14
dentalstudentGKT
it depends on what course you do and the amount of free time you get because of it.

tis true! It also depends on you time table because some people get one day of some none and some only half etc. In my 3rd year I worked in uni and I did 9 hours a week some times 12 occasionaly 15 but it was after lectures and finished about 8 so still had time to go out. It also was good pay at £7.32 ph. But in my first year I worked in Macy Ds and I did one week night till 10 and one weekend till 3am!!:eek: but most of my mates didnt go out on a weekend we stayed in because mon and wed were cheaper! So this worked out well too! Hope this helps :woo:
Reply 15
IlexAquifolium

Nope...

i was just asking :smile:

Let's say 12-14 hours (or maybe i can try 20h), but my question was pointing a fact: can i find a part-time job related to my work experience?
princess_sue
8-10 hours. Certainly no more than 12. Thats for me anyway :smile: but some of my friends have worked 15-17. Its what suits you OP & your work load

:eek:
i work about that in one shift. and i'm not even at uni.
Reply 17
SpiritedAway
:eek:
i work about that in one shift. and i'm not even at uni.

That's the point though.. You shouldn't work that much at uni, cos your degree work should be prioritised!
Reply 18
IlexAquifolium

I forgot to say that i am a PG (in fact i will start in October)..I graduated last year
Reply 19
EvilSheep
That's the point though.. You shouldn't work that much at uni, cos your degree work should be prioritised!

:ditto:

Latest

Trending

Trending